mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Bontrager Seat Post movement

Hi all,i am having trouble with my bontrager carbon seatpost.I dont know if they are all the same style(probably) but its the 1 you have to tighten up with the 1 allen key on the right side that runs through the top of post.
    Ive tightened it up pretty tight and have found the last 2 rides ive gone on that ive hit a bump and its pointed the nose of saddle slightly up (enough to make it uncomfortable).Was lucky yesterday as i had packed the allen key just incase.
    Anyone else had similar troubles? Should i use locktite or something similar?

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    I've never had any issue with my seat mount on the Bontrager posts. However, a friend of mine had a similar problem and tried to fix it by torquing the bolt down too much. Apparently the bolt had seized and he tweaked it in half. Locktite might work, but before that pull it out and make sure you're actually tightening the bolt rather than just twisting it inside the clamp.
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

mtbr member
    I had that very problem with my post during a couple of races. The fix turned out to be a simple cleaning. Once I took it apart and wiped the dust and grime out it held firm again. Been close to 8 months since.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Its only happened since i took the original bontrager saddle off to replace with new one.
    Will pull all apart again and make shure theres no dirt and grime inside.