Dirt Merchant

Bontrager Race Lite's with Nevegal UST Tubless Tires.. Any experiences??

I'm looking to go tubeless and I am concedering picking up the new Nevegal UST tires. Has anybody had any issues getting them to seal and not loose air? I was going to use the Stan's No Tubes Sealer with the stock rim strip that is already installed on my wheels. Any advice or no no's I should know about before I spend my hard earned money and hours of my life trying to seal the wheels which will cut into my riding and more importantly my Drinking time.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    for one, make sure you use the tubeless rimstrip. It's black as opposed to the stock greenish ones. Also make sure that it's installed correctly for the asymmetrical rims. The regular green strips won't work right.

second, they work great. I put a 2.1 UST on my back rim and it works great. I used a compressor and with a few loud pops the bead was seated. Super easy. Probably took 10-15 minutes for the whole thing, and would take less knowing what you're doing.

In terms of ride, it's more than worth the switch. very good traction, even on the 2.1" tire, and no pinch flats. I did have one puncture that didn't seal immediately with the stans, and that was a rather large nightmare (honestly no huge fault of the tire though).

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think this applies to the rim width and not the brand but a friend with those wheels had sidewall problems with wider tires and I've seen others with narrow rims do in sidewalls in same way.

mtbr member
    so far so good

Dirt Merchant
    Thanks for the info guys, I ordered the tires today. 2.35 for the front and 2.1 for the rear I am hoping that will be the magic combo for all my trail needs......