Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Bionicon C.Guide V.02 Chain Guide + Fuel EX 8?

Pinkbike Product Picks - Pinkbike.com

Been looking for a chain guide for my '10 Fuel EX 8 and was wondering if anyone has tried this on their Fuel EX's?
    Civilian Young Turk 29er

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I use the MRP 1.X on my 2010 EX8. I have it setup up as 1x9. MRP 1.X Guide > Components > Drivetrain > Chain Tensioners and Guides | Jenson USA

mtbr member
    Interesting. That might be a worthwhile addition to my bike. I do notice chainslap when going down over rocks/roots. Should I buy one?
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhan View Post
    Interesting. That might be a worthwhile addition to my bike. I do notice chainslap when going down over rocks/roots. Should I buy one?
    Why I want one. I get some nasty chain slap and some chain suckage when going down the rough stuff. Price Point is the only retailer who has it and they are on backorder.
    Civilian Young Turk 29er

mtbr member
    so this guide sits on the low chainstay right?
    you could run this in addition to a e13 xcx or mrp 1x correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    To be blunt;

6) The Earth would begin to collapse into a black hole and it would make people sad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBackRider08 View Post
    Why I want one. I get some nasty chain slap and some chain suckage when going down the rough stuff. Price Point is the only retailer who has it and they are on backorder.
    I actually ordered this when I saw it posted from the bionicon USA site. Even though it says it's backordered, I placed the order anyway and it came in today. Shipping was a couple of bucks better than PP too. Although, it didn't give me a choice in color except black.

EDIT: Just installed it, bounced the bike up and down a few times and it was quiet. Taking it out tomorrow to see how it goes.

EDIT 2: OK, this thing works great. Ran down some rocks and roots and jumps. No chain slap or noise at all. All I heard were tires humming on the dirt and some creaking from my BB.
    Last edited by joshhan; 02-27-2012 at 08:32 AM.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I Just got my 2012 fuel ex 8 last week and pre-ordered one in red.
    Says it wont ship until end of march though.

mtbr member
    I just got mine direct from Bionicon USA direct as well. Pricepoint was on back order and they werent looking to reorder for a few more weeks. Paul at Bionicon said I got one of the last black c.guides left.

Will post pics of it on my DB Mission as soon as I can find time to get it installed. So far it looks like an excellent piece of kit- will know more once I get a ride on it.

mtbr member

Here is mine mounted on the EX 8.

I was in a hurry while installing it and managed to put the plastic tubing upside down while positioning it but one of the zipties got locked. I had to cut that one off and all I had was some thin ones. I'll have to rectify that later.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Awesome, thanks for the pic joshhan. I missed the link to order on the Bionicon USA website. I preordered with PricePoint and they shipped mine out already. I should be getting it late this week. And if you don't mind, can you take of a pic of it further away? Perhaps a full shot of your bike? Thanks.
    Civilian Young Turk 29er

mtbr member
    Awesome, thanks for the pic joshhan. I missed the link to order on the Bionicon USA website. I preordered with PricePoint and they shipped mine out already. I should be getting it late this week. And if you don't mind, can you take of a pic of it further away? Perhaps a full shot of your bike? Thanks.
    Your wish is my command:
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Sweet. That looks great. Nice bike too. Can't wait till I get mine. =)
    Civilian Young Turk 29er

mtbr member
    Sweet. That looks great. Nice bike too. Can't wait till I get mine. =)
    Did you get it and ride with it yet? Curious to see if your experience was as good as mine.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Yea got mine last week. Only was able to get one ride in so far. Initial impressions are excellent! Bombing down rough sections was whisper quiet and smooth. At times I had to glance down to see if the chain was still on 'cause it was so quiet. No more chain suckage and crazy chain slap. I love this thing. Only question is the durability of the plastic universal mount piece. Someone already trashed one and posted it up online somewhere. And from what I hear they are $10+ a pop for a replacement piece. Kinda ridiculous after spending $60... sigh... hopefully mine will hold up for a good while. Overall I love it.
    Civilian Young Turk 29er

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I ordered one earlier this week straight through Bionicon. It said they wont be in stock until the end of the month. I cant wait to get it as I've been having some issues this past week with my E.13 XCX Chainguide so this would definitely help it out.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I ordered mine and received an email from paul asking me if i would like a refund since they won't go out until end of march.
    thought that was a nice touch. still patiently waiting

ordered from here bioniconusa.com/cguide

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Antikid View Post
    I ordered mine and received an email from paul asking me if i would like a refund since they won't go out until end of march.
    thought that was a nice touch. still patiently waiting

ordered from here bioniconusa.com/cguide
    That's weird, I ordered mine on Tuesday but I haven't received an email. When did you order?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    ordered mine on feb 23. wish i would have had it on the trip i just took to WNC, didnt drop a chain, but it was rather noisy/annoying

mtbr member
    I just ordered one yesterday for my EX7.
    "Let the wheels spin."

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm using one of these on my Remedy 9.9 and I am in LOVE. Highly recommended.

I'll post a video next week of the chain bouncing it's face off without this mini chain guide and then how nice and quiet it is with it on. Simple, awesome, and works well.

mtbr member
    The only problem I have with the $50 price tag is that I want one for my other bike now.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Got mine today, 4/2. The red goes great with my '12 matte titanium ex8.
    Install was fairly simple and I added an extra zip tie to the center sort of loosely just
    For some extra insurance. I did not use the zip ties that came with it since I had some that
    Are much better.

Won't get to try it all out until Thursday, but from playing with it on the wall it seems much better. I'll post pics when I am allowed
    12 Trek Fuel EX8
    09 Gary Fisher Piranha

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I also got mine yesterday, 04/02 but I havent installed it yet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Just installed it and it works great! It super quiet and the chain isnt bouncing around everywhere Will post pics later.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    rode with it on yesterday, what a HUGE difference!
    12 Trek Fuel EX8
    09 Gary Fisher Piranha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast