Thread: Big Sur vs Tass

mtbr member
    May 2006

Big Sur vs Tass

Hello all, first post here. I found a few posts on the Big Sur but they didn't say a whole lot.

What kind of deals have people been getting on the Big Sur? The reason I ask is because I was looking at the Tass, but the Big Sur has now caught my eye. I'm still waiting to ride the Big Sur but it sounds like a lighter and more comfy ride. The question is if the extra $$ is worth the step up from the Tass to the Big Sur when their components are the same.

Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by m3thod
    Hello all, first post here. I found a few posts on the Big Sur but they didn't say a whole lot.

What kind of deals have people been getting on the Big Sur? The reason I ask is because I was looking at the Tass, but the Big Sur has now caught my eye. I'm still waiting to ride the Big Sur but it sounds like a lighter and more comfy ride. The question is if the extra $$ is worth the step up from the Tass to the Big Sur when their components are the same.

Thanks for the help.

I am going to have to go with the Tass. I had one and its got great componentry for the money. It costs half as much as the big sur. Unless you are rich and have a lot of extra money, I would go with Tass. But thats JMO.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks for your input riptide. I think i'm going with the Tass unless I get a really good deal on the Big Sur, which I don't think is going to happen.

What did you pay for your Tass?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Hmmm, lessee. Think it was out the door for about $600???, can't remember exactly. Maybe 650. This was about 3 years ago....I think it was the 04 model. You can check the gary fisher web site and see that the retail price is about 700 vs, 1500 for Big Sur.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    well I went ahead and got the 06 Big Sur! The difference in weight is amazing and it of course has better components so I don't have to worry about wanting to upgrade any time soon. There weren't any at the Fisher Warehouse so if you are looking to get one and your lbs has one you should jump on it.

on a side note... I also got my girl a 06 Tass WSD.

It's going to be a great summer!