Full of holes

Best Trek deals in the USA?

I'm in the market for two road bikes: a 5200 and a 5000 WSD.
    I want to check price in the US to see if the deals are better over the pond.
    Any cheap sources who are reliable and prepared to ship?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    When I was in Spain in May, I stopped in to a bike shop and noticed that the bike prices were the same price there as they are here, except that hey were in Euros. SO with the exchange they would be cheaper here. That might be negated when you figure in shipping and any customs charges. Trek Dealers don't ship bikes.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I think your best bet is checking the price on evans cycles (If you're in the UK, although your username and website contents hint at Swiss). US dealers don't even ship bikes to addresses in the US, let alone addresses abroad :/

Full of holes
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    US dealers don't even ship bikes to addresses in the US, let alone addresses abroad :/
    I should have specified: I'm in the US on business in a couple of weeks (Wilmington DE) so could pick them up then. It could be an LBS where I pick them up myself or someone willing to ship to a US address.

My searching indicates that there is pretty much a stock price in the US, so all LBS will be equal. Or is this wrong?

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I've just moved to the US from the UK and it seems that all LBS sell the bikes at the MSRP and aren't allowed to ship bikes. The only variations in price seem to be when shops are clearing out old stock.