mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Bearing replacement for trek EX7

Hi, Can someone please lead me to a website from where I can buy bearing replacement for 2006 Trek Fuel EX7. It has to be someone who ships international. Thanks
    Last edited by jasmus; 08-09-2007 at 02:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The bearing part number is a 6805 RS. RS stands for rubber seal. You can look around on the web for a distributor/retailer in your country. I would first check the nearest Trek dealer and contact them to see if they can ship the part. The Trek part number is 980218. They did have a part number change, I believe this is the current one.

Oh yeah, the bearings are not a "press fit" and requires the use of Loctite 680. 680 is NOT a thread locker and can't be substituted. Please follow instructions and completely clean the surfaces to be treated with it, reassemble to proper torque specs and allow to cure for 24 hours before riding.
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.

WooHoo Biking!!!!
    I actually got the replacement bearings for my suspension from Enduro Seals. You can get the whole set at: http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id55.html
    They are pretty good.
    -V

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks guys GR8 help.. I had a problem when screwing off the 2 of the rocker arm bolts. They where so tight that I destroyed the inside of the bolt. I replaced them temporarily with stainless steel bolts till I order a new set from the trek dealer. Most probably he will have to order them and I will have to wait for at least a month. Like this at least I got the use of the bike.

The numbers on the bearings I took off are 608 rs for the small bearings and 6805 LLB for the bottom bearing. I don't know what LLB stands for. However I made sure that the once I got where rubber sealed. What I'm not sure of, is if the bearings should be ceramic.

Anyway now my bike is set for some good off road