mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Attitude Build Help - Fork travel ?

Friends, I have an '04 attitude frame I am currently ordering parts for - wondering if it will handle a 130/140mm fork (original appears to be 80-100 as specd by Klein). Will it screw up the geometry too much? Was thinking a '07 Vanilla RLC.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I think it will certainly be goofed up some. What do you want your bike to do for you? Steering on the single track will be way slower and you'll also have floppy steering and I think it will "push" too much in the turns.

I think the long travel fork would be great for a single speed urban jungle type bike. Stairs and latters, some rocks.
    Also check to see if this longer travel fork would void the warrenty.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks Nos = Klein does not reccomend anything over 100, and unfortunately the '07 Vanilla's are not adjustable according to fox- bummer. I really wanted a coil shock as I weigh 245, but I was offered an '07 100RLC in white from the shop I am working with - but its a good bit more money and I am not sure how I feel about the white.

Thanks for your help

mtbr member

Not sure if I ever

Quote Originally Posted by a63vette
    Thanks Nos = Klein does not reccomend anything over 100, and unfortunately the '07 Vanilla's are not adjustable according to fox- bummer. I really wanted a coil shock as I weigh 245, but I was offered an '07 100RLC in white from the shop I am working with - but its a good bit more money and I am not sure how I feel about the white.

Thanks for your help
    Not sure if I recognize the white Fox. Is it actually painted white? I think that is pretty neat.
    White certainly gets dirty. I would go with it. White fork, white cable housing, white saddle, white rims, white carbon post ( well, maybe not). Titec has a white cockpit kit that was made for a Darren Berrecloth, he's a free rider, so the parts will last.

Blue Oury grips, Race Face cranks in white or blue.

I could have fun building your bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks Nos - check out the '07 white here:

http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?id=26622

My build plans so far are X9 Shifters/X9 Rear derailer, XTR cranks/front derailer and crossland rims (black), crhis king headster, black stem/bars/seatpost. So the black or silver fork would have went well with the black parts and blue linear fade - not sure how the white will look. Thanks for your help.