mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Anyone converted a Remedy to 650b

Has anyone converted a Remedy to 650b and can you give some feedback as to how it rides compared to 26? Also, what tires are you running?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I've been tempted but I'm afraid I'd have to run (be limited to) a 2.1 or 2.2 tire in the back, which makes it a moot point for me. For days at a bike park I'd want big knobs 2.35 back there and room for flex/rocks/mud.

Curious to see what experiences get reported.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    I've been tempted but I'm afraid I'd have to run (be limited to) a 2.1 or 2.2 tire in the back, which makes it a moot point for me. For days at a bike park I'd want big knobs 2.35 back there and room for flex/rocks/mud.

Curious to see what experiences get reported.
    not much room back there, if you know a frame builder or had some super welding skills you could move the cross suport to fit the tire, I have been measuring stuff and looking into it, the 2.35 that come on the bike measure 27.5 maybe more, so what would the benifit be of a larger rim and smaller tire to equal the same diametrer thats already there??

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    my dad just bought a 2011 remedy 9.8 leftover and converted it to a 650b. On the front he is running a 2.35 nevegal and a 2.1 nevegal as of right now but he is going to try the 2.35 in the rear this spring. I have a trek scratch that im going to convert to a 650b this winter for a enduro series that im going to race in the spring. I tried his wheel set and there was more than enough room for a bigger tire on the rear of the scratch

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Re: Anyone converted a Remedy to 650b

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1000dave View Post
    my dad just bought a 2011 remedy 9.8 leftover and converted it to a 650b. On the front he is running a 2.35 nevegal and a 2.1 nevegal as of right now but he is going to try the 2.35 in the rear this spring. I have a trek scratch that im going to convert to a 650b this winter for a enduro series that im going to race in the spring. I tried his wheel set and there was more than enough room for a bigger tire on the rear of the scratch
    Awesome! Any pictures or video of the clearance with 2.1 nevegal rear would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I'll post some pics tomorrow

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You guys need to visit the 650B forum more often. This has been done a bunch of times already. Here's the most recent.

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-27-5/201...es-836507.html
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Re: Anyone converted a Remedy to 650b

Link isn't working? Rather it is not taking me to a post about remedy 650b

Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    You guys need to visit the 650B forum more often. This has been done a bunch of times already. Here's the most recent.

http://forums.mtbr.com/650b-27-5/201...es-836507.html

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    Link isn't working? Rather it is not taking me to a post about remedy 650b

Working fine for me

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1000dave View Post
    Any pics of your Scratch with the 650b. I would love to see the clearance. Thinking about trying it on my Scratch Air but would love to be able to see it first before going out and picking up a new wheelset.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJZ74 View Post
    Any pics of your Scratch with the 650b. I would love to see the clearance. Thinking about trying it on my Scratch Air but would love to be able to see it first before going out and picking up a new wheelset.
    I haven't don't it yet because I'm not sure if it will fit now. I switched the front fork to a new lyrik rc2dh and the fork looks like it has a lot less clearance. I'm going to try to fit my dads 650b on to see if they will work but he has a 15mm axle and I got a 20mm so I'm going to have to use electrical tape on the 15mm axle to make it sit in my fork correct. If you have a float or talas you should be fine. There rear has more than enough room.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Lyric will fit quite a few but maybe not all 650B tires. A 2.3" Pacenti Neo Moto will fit but the very tall 2.35" Schwalbe NN might not. I think the new Vee Rubber Trail Taker 2.4" will fit as it's big volume but not super tall (great reviews BTW). The rear of the Scratch Air had tons of room (IIRC from the one I looked at on a showroom floor) and should fit any 650B tire quite easily.