mtbr member

Upset Annoying movement from rear hub on a Duster Rim (Slash 8)

Got a Slash 8 which rocks, apart from the rear hub on the stock Duster rim. No matter how I tighten the end nuts on the hub I consistantly get a slight play on the hub after the wheel was properly secured and tightened with the 12mm skewer. I don't want to over tighten the wheel or else it doesn't spin freely. I feel I want to tighten it like that and ride it and brake it but that won't serve no purpose

Anyone esle having this issue? Any remedies apart from replacing the wheelset as this is my next step!
    When in doubt, Accelerate!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Can't you take it to the dealer you bought the bike from and have it warrantied? If you can't you probably just need a new hub.

mtbr member
    That would be an option but those guys are the last resort. On day one riding the bike the shock blew up and spewed all its red oil out of the rebound adjuster. They replaced the shock. When I picked up the bike after the replacement I checked it out and saw that they dinged the rocker arm with a wrench, paint off and dent in it. I was Pee'd off to say the least. Just thought someone might have some tips based on experience on how to fix it myself. I used to service my previous couple bikes' free hubs (Mavic and Easton) anually so I'm not completely clueless its just I can't figure out why after tightening it there is still play. IMHO I could just replace it but man it's got less than 2 months of riding on it. Any pointers?
    When in doubt, Accelerate!