mtbr member
    Jul 2010

About to pull the trigger on a 2008 Top Fuel 7

Anything I need to know about this particular bike, other than the basic keep it clean and lubed maintenance? I really like how the bike feels, fits, and rides. Thanks!
    Last edited by CONoobie; 07-19-2010 at 11:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Bought it, really like it, hope to take my first "real" ride on it this weekend!

N8G
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Congrats on your new ride. Have fun getting it dirty!

Bike Addiction
    Pics, Pics, Pics!!!! We need pics.
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 00sable
    Pics, Pics, Pics!!!! We need pics.
    Pretty new to this forum, atm can't find my dang USD cable, so could post the pictures the previous owner sent me Maybe! hehe Also a bit of a computer noobie, not sure how to post pictures on here Will search around and see what I can find.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Took her on the first ride today! I really like how it feels; how it climbs, and how much smoother it feels on the descent as well! I dunno if I am actually going faster, but it feels much more comfortable than my HT, and it does feel like I can go a little faster as well (did I mention I am not in the best shape, yet!). After one ride, I REALLY like it... Some things I need to look into though, there is a very low level hum / squeek, not a hum, not a squeek, but a combination of the 2 when riding without much load- sounds like it might be the brake rotors, or maybe the wheels. Also saw a little oil on the fork stanchion, but I did lube them the night before (and tried to wipe it all off).

I did take some pictures of it, but I need to find my USD cable, and then I need to figure out how to upload them to the gallery so that I can post them... I couldn't upload some pictures of it that the previous owner sent me (tried them at full size ~2.57 MB, as well as cropping them down to ~1.6 or so).

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Trying to load pictures, again...

Trying to load pictures the previous owner sent me via email, again!...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails About to pull the trigger on a 2008 Top Fuel 7-driveside-full.jpg  

About to pull the trigger on a 2008 Top Fuel 7-nondrive-side.jpg  

About to pull the trigger on a 2008 Top Fuel 7-drivetrain.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Geez, no wonder they wouldn't load. I tried to shrink them down, but they are still huge. Couldn't modify the pictures at home, messed with them a bit with the computer at work. Now to find that damn cable for the camera