Thread: 95 7000 mtn

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

95 7000 mtn

I'm new to MTBR...I have not been riding for over 11 years now...In 1995, I bought a 7000 mtn bike with the zx frame...This bike only has less than a 100 or so miles on it...I't has no problems except I need to make some minor adjustments due to cable stretch...This is what I would consider to be a NOS (new old stock ) bike, it's that nice...I have a bad back, and was looking at the new 07 hybrid 7500...Great bike for the $...I called the local trek dealer to see what it would take to convert my bike into more of a comfort type hybrid, I need a better sitting position...O.K. after you buy the tires seat post, bar stem, and new cables for the new stem...I will have just put another 200-300 into a bike that is still a good bike, but, would that bike be as good as a new 7500...Thats my question...I haven't gone riding for a while, I have a good bike that is not comfortable to me...but from what I remember about the bike was that it is tough as nails...I saw in the trek forum, a lot of people love these bikes, and still tear em up on a regular basis...that's quite a testimonial for this bike...I just wanted to get a little feed back from the people that ride on a daily basis...And YES...I will be getting back on a bike on a regular basis...My back feels right, and I'm ready to get out there and go nuts...Thanks...
    CHAR

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    Because you're talking about a condition with you back (regardless of how well you've recovered), I really think you ought to consider just buying a 7500. The Multitrack series is designed such that the front end is higher - in addition to the myriad of adjustments you can make with the stem height/pitch. This will take a lot of strain off your back.

I ride a late 90s 7000 and it certainly is a great bike but you'll get a much better package overall by getting a whole new setup. You can still ride the 7000 on trails and put a stem riser on it if being bent over is a problem.

A 7000 with some comfort-oriented parts is never going to be as comfortable as a new hybrid 7500. If it isn't comfortable, you won't ride it - and isn't that the point?
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    What would a fair price be on a relic like this...I was thinking about 300 or so...or am I dreaming.
    CHAR