mtbr member

6700 WSD am i paying too much for it?

just ordered a 6700 wsd at my lbs. They are charging $999.00 for the bike. Do you think that is too much for them to ask for? MSRP is 1099.00.

she is 5'6" and i tried a 15.5 mens frame for a full sus and she was way crouded in the saddle. 17.5 was too big so we had to go with the WSD 16 wich seemed to fit perfect.
    I know the size is right now but i want to make sure i dont get ripped off from my LBS.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    if the RRP is 1099 and your LBS is giving it to you for 999, then you're onto a good deal i guess . . .anything better than the RRP is some form of deal.

search online for alternative prices and compare.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnychimpo
    just ordered a 6700 wsd at my lbs. They are charging $999.00 for the bike. Do you think that is too much for them to ask for? MSRP is 1099.00.

she is 5'6" and i tried a 15.5 mens frame for a full sus and she was way crouded in the saddle. 17.5 was too big so we had to go with the WSD 16 wich seemed to fit perfect.
    I know the size is right now but i want to make sure i dont get ripped off from my LBS.

For the 1k range, $100 off MSRP is as good a deal as you will likely see on current year models, IMO.

Some stores may sell below further MSRP, but you would have to make calls to see. FWIW, my fiancee recently purchased a 2006 Trek 1500, and the Trek website has the MSRP of $1149, but the store, had a price of $1050. Not sure why this was, as I thought the stores used MSRP. Add to this a 5% discount for me being part of a local cycling club, and it was well below MSRP. Everyone's happy;-)

Bottom line is stop in a few different stores and compare.
    "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." -Albert Einstein

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnychimpo

I just paid 999.00 for my 06 6700 also. I think I got a sick deal. Awesome bike too

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

If that is a current model, then its not bad,

but if its an older (like left over from last year), then its not so hot. I paid less than that for my Trek Liquid (msrp $1800) on a year end clearance- thats the best time to get great deals...

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I dont think you going to beat my deal however. I bought the wife an '06 6700 WSD last Oct.

MSRP in UK = 900 . . . . I paid 600

I have no idea why the shop was selling it at that price, but i snapped it up as it was so much a bargain.

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Quote Originally Posted by donboyfisher
    I dont think you going to beat my deal however. I bought the wife an '06 6700 WSD last Oct.

MSRP in UK = 900 . . . . I paid 600

I have no idea why the shop was selling it at that price, but i snapped it up as it was so much a bargain.

Yeah, that sounds like a great deal. How much does that that translate to in USD?
    06 Rocky Mountain ETSX - Full XTR, Fox Shox, Crossmax XL Wheels

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    well, my deal was essentially 2/3 the list price.

going by the first post where the MSRP is 1099USD, then that would be the equivalent of $730 ( ish )

All that being said, we get stung quite badly for bike prices in the UK . . . on the whole, the UK is a rip off IMHO

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies.

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Quote Originally Posted by donboyfisher
    well, my deal was essentially 2/3 the list price.

going by the first post where the MSRP is 1099USD, then that would be the equivalent of $730 ( ish )

All that being said, we get stung quite badly for bike prices in the UK . . . on the whole, the UK is a rip off IMHO

Damn, considering the level of components on the 6700 you definitley got a sick deal. Congrats!
    06 Rocky Mountain ETSX - Full XTR, Fox Shox, Crossmax XL Wheels