Thread: 4300 prices???

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

4300 prices???

im trying to sell my trek 4300 but im not sure what to price it at. i got it for about $400 in
    '02 and its in decent condition. the rear break sticks a little and theres a sticky link in the chain. the shifters are a little scratched but they still work real well. any ideas???

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Hill
    im trying to sell my trek 4300 but im not sure what to price it at. i got it for about $400 in
    '02 and its in decent condition. the rear break sticks a little and theres a sticky link in the chain. the shifters are a little scratched but they still work real well. any ideas???

$50-75. Bike is almost 4 years old. You loose half the value the minute you leave the store. Start subtracting 10% or so for each month used. Just really has not much value.

mtnbikej

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by King Of The Hill
    It's worth a lot more than $50-75. More like about $200 depending on the condition. One thing you don't want to do is trade it in to a LBS. In that case you'll get far less than it's worth. (maybe that's the $50 to $75 mtnbikej was refering to)

Just check out Ebay for some ideas of value. Pick some auctions and watch them till the end. These are real selling prices. Here's one: 2002 4300