Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Trek

mtbr member

2014 Trek

What's the deal? Where are they!?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Super Clyde

2014 Trek

I don't know about the rest of the line, but my LBS told me the Stache will be available Mid Otober.

Sent from my iPad while drinking the kool aid.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

@trailgrinder
    Patience....they will be here soon enough. I waited 5 months for my superly to sow and it was well worth the wait.

mtbr member
    These guys don't even have the website updated yet. Dragging their feet this year it seems!.. sorry guys. No patience.

@trailgrinder
    Trek has never been on the super quick release side of the next model year. They want to sell through the current stock and maintain good margins. What are your other options? For me I pre-ordered my superfly and waited the 5 months which isn't a big deal since I live in utah and it was a crazy wet winter.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Which model are you looking at? Your LBS should have info on the dealer site. You are correct, TrekBikes should be updated. For example, the 2014 Fuel EX5 29er is out and that is not even showing on TrekBikes.

mtbr member
    Not for me but some friends. I get excited helping others shop especially since I don't use any of my own money! lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stunnerable View Post
    Not for me but some friends. I get excited helping others shop especially since I don't use any of my own money! lol

Have them go into your local bike shop and ask the store directly. Trek is starting to get away from releasing everything at once, and releasing when they are pleased with the new product. They also have been releasing bikes to shops without having official media release's so when they do release on their website bikes are already in the shop and on the floor.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by DavezFever View Post
    Have them go into your local bike shop and ask the store directly. Trek is starting to get away from releasing everything at once, and releasing when they are pleased with the new product. They also have been releasing bikes to shops without having official media release's so when they do release on their website bikes are already in the shop and on the floor.
    I would say available at the warehouse rather than the shop floor. Most shops around here have minimal stock. It would be helpful for Trek to have their website fully detailed along with good pictures considering the money folks are dropping on their product.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    So what happens to the Fuel 26" for 2014 has the 29er completely replaced it? I bet they have a 650B coming this year for the Fuel line.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    A 650b Fuel would be freakin' sweet! That could be THE bike! I don't think it'll happen tho.

mtbr member
    It might. Trek is being adventurous this year.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    No 650b fuel, they're mostly 29ers now with two 26" models the 6 and the 8, No more 26" remedies or slashes, 29 and 650b for the remedy, and only 650b for the slash. Yes I work at a trek dealer

mtbr member
    LoL!

I guess so. Any new tech in the EX line other than 29" wheels?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    not really, standard tech with the suspension APB, full floater and evo link. Same OCLV mountain carbon. They did re-vamp their mountain wheels this year though, all new rhythm wheel lineup, new xxx wheelset, new rhythm pro carbon wheelset, all new hubs with stacked lacing and 54 p.o.e. rear hub for rhythm elite, rhythm pro, and xxx wheelset.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bfowler6 View Post
    No 650b fuel, they're mostly 29ers now with two 26" models the 6 and the 8, No more 26" remedies or slashes, 29 and 650b for the remedy, and only 650b for the slash. Yes I work at a trek dealer
    what do you mean 26" for 6 and 8, is that for Fuel, and they are 2014 models? thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_m View Post
    what do you mean 26" for 6 and 8, is that for Fuel, and they are 2014 models? thanks
    They are still offering a 26 inch wheel fuel in the Fuel EX6 and Fuel EX8.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Britishnate View Post
    They are still offering a 26 inch wheel fuel in the Fuel EX6 and Fuel EX8.
    OK so the 26" size is stagnant, my guess is they will have a 650B Fuel before next summer if not earlier. Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_m View Post
    OK so the 26" size is stagnant, my guess is they will have a 650B Fuel before next summer if not earlier. Thanks
    I would tend to agree with you. I have a feeling 650b will replace 26in in most everything. Other than maybe Walmart bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I doubt there will ever be a 650b fuel, it will probably be strictly 29", too little travel to make much sense for 650b, the biggest surprise to me was that they wont be making a 26" slash, 26" is still great for DH/FR and DJ

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfowler6 View Post
    I doubt there will ever be a 650b fuel, it will probably be strictly 29", too little travel to make much sense for 650b, the biggest surprise to me was that they wont be making a 26" slash, 26" is still great for DH/FR and DJ
    I think that the 650b slash will surprise most, from what I have heard it rides awesome. Still very nimble like a 26 but rolls over things a bit better.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Updates on the Trek Website!

mtbr member
    Thanks Bob!

So no more top fuel? Just superfly fs. Hummm..

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Website still lists the top of the line Superfly 100 as coming with an XX build... surprising, as nearly all high end sram bikes are comning with XX1 (1x system), Sram isn't pushing XX 2x anymore.

Is there a high end Superfly 100 with XX1 somewhere I've missed? (other than project one-- I'm looking for a stock model that you could find on a sales floor or at a demo day)

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Superfly FS 9.9 SL is coming with a choice of XX1 or XTR.

Superfly FS 9.9 SL XX1 - New! - Trek Bicycle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast