mtbr member
    Feb 2011

2014 - last year for Superfly full suspension lineup???

After the Roscoe 29 was aborted and Remedy 29 came in, and after the Rumblefish lineup was discontinued and Fuel 29 took over, should we expect the full suspension Superfly lineup to be discontinued too?

It seems that Trek is pulling out Gary Fisher's full suspension models, and replacing them with Trek's full floater rear suspension bikes.

I think that Trek won't deal with 2 different rear suspension types (full floater for Remedy/Fuel 29 and another for Fisher's full sus) and replace the Superfly full sus lineup for 2015 - maybe with a Top Fuel 29???

What do you think?
    Do you know anything? did you hear somthing regarding this?

Mo.

Zaf
    mtbr member
    I think it's unlikely that they sunk so much time and effort into the Apollo project for the Superfly's in order to scrap them. I doubt that the Superfly's in their current form, will be removed from the line up any time soon.
    Trek Fuel EX 9 (2012)
    Trek Superfly AL Elite (2013)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    It's a different type of suspension for different riding purposes. Not going away.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Re: 2014 - last year for Superfly full suspension lineup???

Even if the SF 100 is cancelled. It won't be until 2015/16. I can't see them spending a bunch of time/effort/money on the Apollo program just to scratch it after 1 year.
    http://Theclydeblog.org Big guy cycling product tester

noob
    i doubt they will chop the superfly. it is their flagship xc bike. they sell way too many of them to do anything like that.
    2007 Fisher Rig
    2011 Trek Paragon
    2013 Trek Madone 2.1

banned
    Apr 2009
    Plus the Superfly 100's use 'Standard' XC geometry, 71/74 and that is exactly what the Superfly 100's use...

My 2012 Superfly Elite Hardtail uses 69.3 and 72.5 (so a lot better being more slack)---surprised the 100's are not slacker in geometry (like most XC fullys are now------and NOT just Trail/Endo bike but just basic XC ones)----

Maybe they will make a new slack XC Fully after this year (call it something else--not the Superfly, and just keep the Superfly for the hardtail models??)

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 247 View Post
    Plus the Superfly 100's use 'Standard' XC geometry, 71/74 and that is exactly what the Superfly 100's use...

My 2012 Superfly Elite Hardtail uses 69.3 and 72.5 (so a lot better being more slack)---surprised the 100's are not slacker in geometry (like most XC fullys are now------and NOT just Trail/Endo bike but just basic XC ones)----

Maybe they will make a new slack XC Fully after this year (call it something else--not the Superfly, and just keep the Superfly for the hardtail models??)
    SF100SL is 70/74, not 71/74. It's on the verge of being too slack for my taste.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    And I'll give you an extra "herp derp" for quoting angles on a full suspension bike without sag. The angles of the entire bike change when you sit on it.

What you'll notice (reading the Trek 2011 Geometry manual available from Trek) that the SF100 is 70/72.5 and the SF100SL is 69/72.5 with sag which is pretty much the exact same geometry as the hardtail.

It's as if Trek kinda sorta knows what they are doing.

-Tom

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Trek will not drop the Superfly line. It's their huge $$$ maker. They will continue refining it and improve what Gary Fissure failed to accomplish....reliability.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by trhoppe View Post
    And I'll give you an extra "herp derp" for quoting angles on a full suspension bike without sag. The angles of the entire bike change when you sit on it.

What you'll notice (reading the Trek 2011 Geometry manual available from Trek) that the SF100 is 70/72.5 and the SF100SL is 69/72.5 with sag which is pretty much the exact same geometry as the hardtail.

It's as if Trek kinda sorta knows what they are doing.

-Tom
    Trek actually publishes numbers with sag somewhere?

I've always considered that bike fitters must hate full suspension mountain bikes, change the shock pressures a bit and saddle angle changes, relative handlebar height changes, etc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    That's why a good fitter will account for all that and make sure your suspension is correct. The most important, which is seat height, doesn't change. But your saddle angle and setback will change.