mtbr member

2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL

I am looking to swap out the three ring crankset and go with a 2x10 setup. What I can't find is any information on what type of bottom bracket the bike has. Can anyone give me a little advice? Also, and I'm sure this is a silly question, do es anyone have any recommendations on cranksets?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I have Superfly AL Elite

I went 1x10. Only ran into one situation that I did not have enough gear for a huge rolling start. 32f 11/32r. I live and race in midwest. You should change rear derailleur also, either way.

Look up specs on your bike and google the crankset. To me, that is a lot of messing around and $ (shifter) to get rid of granny ring.

mtbr member
    The reason is not solely to get rid of granny gear as much as it is to force myself to not ride in granny gear, thus requiring me to have a different approach to the ride, and possibly getting better results physically.
    I have googled and googled and cannot find any info on bottom bracket for this model. It has been placed in the Trek archives, and all of the information that was once on their page for it is not there anymore.
    I have considered the 1x10 route, and might still go that way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Ok. Are these short steep climbs (1m or less) or long prolonged (3m + ?), your weight?. I guess getting sidetracked on training/ fitness side.

Maybe try posting in Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks there are a lot more post's in it

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    It has a Pressfit BB. Shimano BB93 BB or SRAM/Truvativ GXP Pressfit (depending on the brand of the crank). This is a question that your LBS could easily help you with as well as the crank and even order it for you. Regarding crank recommendations: Shimano SLX "race" double. Doesn't give up much weight over the XT crank and chainrings will be much cheaper to replace when they wear out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    The specs say it is a Press fit GXP. If you are stick with SRAM cranks, you can reuse the BB. if you go with Shimano or almost anything else, you will nee the Shimano Press fit: BB Shimano BB91-41A Press Fit MTB

mtbr member
    Ha! I found it on the SRAM site. Thanks!