mtbr member
    Apr 2013

2013 Trek 3700 Disc - Some pictures

I called my local dealer when I had my eyes set on a Trek 3500 Disc, but after talking to him for a little I ended up going up a model because they had extended a sale for $50 off. I'm happy I did, the guy told me I'd be happier with the few step-up components found in the 3700 over the 3500.

Anyway - Took a few pictures of it which is all I had time to do last night. Looking forward to getting on it for a ride after work one night this week!

Piggie Powered Stage 3 B5 S4 | Flickr | Videos

mtbr member
    Point your QR lever upward on your front wheel, and unless that bike is way too big for you, I'd imagine that seat needs to come up a couple inches for your legs to work properly.... Other than that, go get it dirty on the trails!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shenny88 View Post
    Point your QR lever upward on your front wheel, and unless that bike is way too big for you, I'd imagine that seat needs to come up a couple inches for your legs to work properly.... Other than that, go get it dirty on the trails!
    Thanks for the tip! Yeah, I literally got it home last night and had to finish up working on something with my car, so I didn't have time to really get to anything just the way it should be. The QR lever though, definitely a good call.

mtbr member
    Sharp lookin bike, enjoy!
    2013 Trek Superfly AL Elite

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks! I have since removed the reflectors, per the requests on here lol... And also bought a Cateye Strada Wireless hooked up.

I had to take the bike in for service though, the bottom bracket was loose already! Kinda weird on a new bike I would think, but where I bought it comes with a year of service so I figured just bring it in.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I wanted that color when i got mine but i ended up with the matte green cause thats all they had at that store and i wanted to go home right then with a bike.I ended up liking the green after i got a few compliments on it.

I like mine i have done a few upgrades since.Forks,bars,tires,pedals,and wheels.

just realized yours is a 2013 mines a 2012 model.You get the 8 speed on yours and i think better wheels compared to what came on mine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 77charger View Post
    I wanted that color when i got mine but i ended up with the matte green cause thats all they had at that store and i wanted to go home right then with a bike.I ended up liking the green after i got a few compliments on it.

I like mine i have done a few upgrades since.Forks,bars,tires,pedals,and wheels.

just realized yours is a 2013 mines a 2012 model.You get the 8 speed on yours and i think better wheels compared to what came on mine.
    Nice man.. Yeah I asked about the changes from 2012 to the newer '13 model, that's what they told me. Double wall rims and the 8 speeds. What pedals did you go with?

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Hey OP, thanks for the post. Didn't know about the double walled rims and the 8-speed in the 2013 model. This pushed me over the edge to get a 2013 trek 3700 disc as my entry level bike. Very pleased so far.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSportB5S4 View Post
    Thanks! I have since removed the reflectors, per the requests on here lol...
    Oh no, my reflectors have been I my bike for 10 years. I guess I should take them off. Congrats on the new bike, have fun.

Riding and lovin it.
    Congrats go ride and have fun,

mtbr member
    Dump the reflectors! Congrats on the new bike. Great choice and great color!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiSportB5S4 View Post
    Nice man.. Yeah I asked about the changes from 2012 to the newer '13 model, that's what they told me. Double wall rims and the 8 speeds. What pedals did you go with?
    Went with the forte platforms.So far i have dumped 700 into my 500 dollar bike.Its easier for me to add here and there vs buying a bike for less with everything already on it.
    I did save all the original parts if i do sell it or i can buy another frame and build me another bike with the upgraded parts i bought.Might even just get me a better bike someday and let my son have mine as well.But as mine sits now i really like the fit and feel

No Stranger to danger....
    My brothers about to get the 4300 disk with the hayes hydro brakes, is this an ok entry level bike for him, will it take some trail use, ive never owned a trek myself, cheers
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Looking for some advice on this.. So I rode my bike 99% of the time last season on the road... I took it to a trail in CT once, and enjoyed it, but I still will primarily be stuck to the road with the bike.. I have been thinking about selling it and getting a Trek 1.1, their entry road bike to see how I like that.. My other option is to just buy a tire suited for the road, but I'm not sure what is best.

For me the main purpose of getting out to ride is for fitness, I used to go right after the gym in the summer to the beach and pedal around the roads that are around the area trying to keep up a good pace >14mph in higher gears for muscle building purposes.. Do you think I'd be better off on a true road bike, or just throw diff tires on this one? The bike is in amazing condition.