Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

mtbr member
    I just saw this on the weight weenies site. Scott and Cannondale have some competition if this thing doesn't fall apart. Trek/Fisher don't have a great reputation for being durable.

mtbr member
    I would have to agree. Even though I'm tickled to death over my X-cal I find myself after every ride kinda looking for cracks. I really hope they've gotten it together about the frame issues.
    Mongoose Summit Pro
    Gary Fisher Tassajara
    Motobecane Fantom Trail DS
    Trek 2011 X-Caliber

mtbr member
    They may have. Trek put their smartest guys on this. They may have made something great.
    I wonder what it costs and how long the warranty lasts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I just got back from the Trek World in WI And I had a chance to ride the Superfly Elite SL. All I can say is "WOW!" This bike is a rocket! Smooth riding, quick handling, and it transmits power like no bike that I have ridden so far! The Superfly Pro SL will be priced at around 8K and the Superfly Elite SL will be around 5K. I currently ride a competitors bike and it will be on the market as soon as I can get one of these! And the warranty is lifetime as on all Treks..If you want a really fast way to get around the woods check these bikes out!

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    Trek put their smartest guys on this.
    Who?

Top Men - YouTube

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Smooth enough for me to sell my SF 100? Considering going back to the HT.

mtbr member
    I'd wait and see if the real weights match the claimed.

and see if the thing falls apart.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I got mine on backorder. We'll see how it rides in November...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm probably going to do the same thing.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Last edited by jc280; 09-05-2012 at 07:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Availability

I thought the Superfly SL was supposed to be in shops this month. Is that no longer correct? I see them up for sale in the UK already...

-Drew

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I was told December.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I am looking to get one of these

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    jc280, The hardtail is not smooth enough to replace your fully, but it will climb better in my opinion. And I have been told December as well.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I put my name on the back order list. Going to go 1 X 11 also. Making a big change for next years bike.

mtbr member
    Is the Sram 1x11 an option from Trek or you're doing a custom build?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    That would have to be custom I think.. The top line bike is a 2x10 xx bike and the 2nd tier bike is xt equipped.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm going with the Elite SL and then change all the XT stuff to XX1. I going with a different brake brand but I'm not sure who yet. There is too much price difference between the Pro SL and the Elite SL.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hi,

I can't make my mind clear between the Superfly and the Scale... Did anyone try both bikes and could compare them... espacially in terms of rear compliance? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have tried both the 2012 Superfly and the Scale RC and the Scale is much more compliant, so I bought the Scale. The bike is awesome but I decided to go fully this season and switch to more endurance. I've got the scale frame for sale in the classifieds.

The new SL has some new high tech stuff and it may be way better, at least on paper it is.

DaFaJa
    I have the RC Scale and am thinking about selling it to get the 100 SL...
    2012 Trek Superfly 100 Carbon/ xx1 / xo type2
    Tampa FL USA

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have ridden both, I own a 2012 Scale Pro and I had a couple of hours onthe 2013 Superfly Elite Sl at Trek World. The bikes are very comparable, they are both really compliant and very light.. If there were much of a difference I'd say that it was in the handling, the Superfly seems to handle quicker and be a bit more racy feeling, where the Scale is really stable and a little more reluctant on turn in....The Scale is pretty great at tranfering power, but the Trek seems a little more direct amd I csn't tell you why... perhaps tire choice.. the Trek had really light race rubber on it and my cale has more of an all around tire selection.. I don't knowif this was helpful but it would be hard to go wrong with either bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Sorry about the typos... my phone has a lousy keypad.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Thanks all for the comments. If I have to keep one point: I can't really go wrong if I choose between these two bikes... that's a good start

I knew the 2012 Superfly had the reputation of being so uncomfortable. This why I wanted comments of rear compliance for the new 2013. I've been riding 26er full suspension bike for the last 12 years, mostly short travel like the old Scalpel 67mm, so I am expecting 29er wheels, 2.25 tires and carbon fiber to help me a bit for my return on a HT.

I still have some weeks to make my choice. I guess it will also depend on parts like fork and wheels and also on the dealers I have around my home for both brands.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast