Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Hi, first post. I got mine today from my LBS, ordered it 6 weeks ago. Swapped my Thompson seat post, set tires tubeless, candy 3 pedals, water cage (RXL) and sitting nicely at 24.3 lbs.

2013 superfly sl-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    There is a thread with folks posting up picture's of Elite's that have shown up, has anyone stateside seen a regular SL or a Pro yet? (Waiting on an SL ordered in November)

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Can anyone confirm the chain model used in your Superfly 100 elite SL? I had to replace mine today, because it was causing slip, due to a damaged link. Got it on warranty though. Never got the model on the stock one. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

lose the shimano chain

I forgot about shimano chains a long time ago...in my experience they are sub-par compared to SRAM chains. A SRAM 1051 is inexpensive and they perform very well. XT cassettes are quite good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Luyi_pr View Post
    Can anyone confirm the chain model used in your Superfly 100 elite SL? I had to replace mine today, because it was causing slip, due to a damaged link. Got it on warranty though. Never got the model on the stock one. Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Does anyone have the Superfly Elite SL (hardtail)? Haven't seen any pictures or reports on this bike..

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    live to ride ride to live

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I got my Superfly Pro Sl a few weeks back. I don't know if they have shipped the elite sl.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmoore1 View Post
    I got my Superfly Pro Sl a few weeks back. I don't know if they have shipped the elite sl.
    Good news!!! Then... we're gonna have a nice and detailed review soon ;-)

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Nope, sorry. Here in MN we are still riding studded and fat tires only. It will be at least a month before it hits gravel and probably 6 weeks before it hits dirt.

I can tell you that it looks beautiful and it is really light!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by silves1171 View Post
    Does anyone have the Superfly Elite SL (hardtail)? Haven't seen any pictures or reports on this bike..
    I rode one at the SE Bike Expo on Sunday. Insanely light, very stiff. VERY nice!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmoore1 View Post
    Nope, sorry. Here in MN we are still riding studded and fat tires only. It will be at least a month before it hits gravel and probably 6 weeks before it hits dirt.

I can tell you that it looks beautiful and it is really light!
    Pics of the Pro SL? I have an Elite SL on order, hope to get it within a month. Meanwhile, it would be good to see some pics of anyone's SL.

mtbr member
    Man there is a lot of back and forth going on in this thread. The 2013 Superfly 100 SL frames are a completely new design from the ground up. This frame is unlike any of the previous years models. I do not think that previous years issues have pushed through into the 2013 models. I do know Trek has had a hard time getting the bikes this year and availability has suffered because of it.

Unfortunately as with all mass produced products there are going to be lemons every so often. That is the nature of the beast. Please do not take this as an excuse to any of the people who have had problems but this is why Trek offers the warranty that they do and always have. Any of the broken frames I have seen have been taken care of in a timely fashion. Yes you will have some time without a bike but I find comfort in knowing if my big investment ever breaks I can get it replaced.

I have had the chance to demo the 2013 Trek Superfly 100 SL Elite and the bike is AMAZING. So light and stiff yet the suspension is very fluid. Had the availability been better and had I had the extra cash handy I would have totally bought this bike. As is stands I liked it so much that I bought the 2013 Superfly 100 AL Pro. I plan on riding this bike until I can save up to buy the carbon version over the next year or two.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Congratulations Nate. I rode a '12 SF 100 AL Elite at a demo -- nice!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

SL Elite sighting!

I believe it was a medium SL Elite at the Bikeline in Newark, DE. The only reason why I am not sure is because I looked at it for 15 seconds before the salesman brought out my SuperFly 100 Elite SL.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Expect to pick up Elite SL with XX1 from LBS on Thursday. I have been waiting since Sept. I hope it's worth th wait.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    So all the 2013 Trek carbon mountain bikes are made in China now? That's to bad...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    My LBS has said my 17.5 Superfly Elite SL (Hard tail) will be in on the 11/03/2013...! finally...!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    ^^ you mean 3/11/13?

11/3/13 seems like a long ass time to wait, maybe by then you can get a 2014 version.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Re: 2013 superfly sl

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    ^^ you mean 3/11/13?

11/3/13 seems like a long ass time to wait, maybe by then you can get a 2014 version.
    International way of writing dates = day month year

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    ^^ you mean 3/11/13?

Americans....! Its been brought forward now actually, 7/3/2013... or 3/7/2013 for you amercian nuts...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Benread View Post
    Americans....! Its been brought forward now actually, 7/3/2013... or 3/7/2013 for you amercian nuts...
    Ha ha, I just hope you get it!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Haha me too... but guess what picked it up today!!!

I picked it up today , 9.7Kg for the 17.5, looks a amazing, changing some things on it tomorrow though, XTR shadow plus rear mech, RXL -17 degree stem and a RXL seat post. Then the wheel set, either Stans race golds(weight limit isn't a issue, I way 60KG the limit is 77...) or FRM Urano... that should all drop about 500 grams total.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Name:  iso_8601.png
Views: 1304
Size:  43.1 KB

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    My Superfly Elite SL (hardtail) will be arriving on Tuesday as well!
    Hope it will be worth the wait...either way I am excited to take it out on the trails!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Here's a photo, looks awesome in real life, only thing changed at the moment is the XTR shadow plus rear mech.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 superfly sl-imgp7638.jpg  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast