Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i ordered a superfly 100 sl months ago and have no idea when it will be in ! so angry !
    live to ride ride to live

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    Weird how big companies (Trek, Cannondale) can't seem to get their high end bikes to the customers on time.
    I cancelled my '13 Superfly 100 order on a Wednesday and had a new Scalpel 2 29er for the weekend.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Just received an e-mail notice Trek got in a Superfly 100 SL Elite 17.5.

@trailgrinder
    Might have a high demand? I waited 6 months for mine but it was well worth the wait, they did the same crap to me with the dec ship date, date comes moves to jan and so on. I was down to the final straw and they came through I even went as far to tweet them and miraculously they called me back and I had a bike in transit. It was worth the wait for me.

@trailgrinder
    Quote Originally Posted by multitool View Post
    i ordered a superfly 100 sl months ago and have no idea when it will be in ! so angry !
    My guess is May. They did the same to me but I live where it snows so it wasn't the end of the world. I tried to like the Tallboy but it didn't feel right and I wanted the frame warrantee

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    we are talking about 2013 superfly carbon 100s and hard tails, as far as i know there isnt any in the usa yet. your profile says you have a 2012

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Last edited by Revolution Bicycles; 01-04-2013 at 11:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Cancelled!

I cancelled my Superfly Elite order back in October when they kept pushing back availability and couldn't confirm any semblance of a delivery date. I ordered a Niner A9 RDO from the same dealer and am happy with my decision. Oh, and it looks better than the SF, too, in green/black.

Sorry Trek. You should have gotten your $hit together before you accepted orders...

NDC=New Delivery Confirmation
    WDC=What Delivery Confirmation?
    CDC=Cancelled Delivery Confirmation

-Drew

@trailgrinder
    Quote Originally Posted by multitool View Post
    we are talking about 2013 superfly carbon 100s and hard tails, as far as i know there isnt any in the usa yet. your profile says you have a 2012
    I am aware of that, I was saying that's his was the exact same thing they did to me LAST year, that is why I posted that I bet they won't be out until May or June. I pre-ordered early and every month they kept on changing the date. But like I said above I live where it snows so oh well? I waited it out.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I sure hope you guys are getting a pro deal on these things. $8,399.99 where does that price come from? I had a new top end superfly for 4 years in a row. Last year I said I was done and ordered a niner air 9 rdo limited edition. It cost $6,299.99 retail. $2,100.00 less than the superfly pro and it came with xtr vs the sram xx so thats a wash and better wheels. Where does trek get these prices? I think they need to figure 2-3 frames into the price because you will almost for sure need a replacement.

mtbr member
    I'd rather have a Superfly than a RDO. Plus Trek has a lifetime warranty, Niner is 3 or 5 years.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution Bicycles View Post
    Not sure if your question is for me. This is what was sent to me today.

Date Added Item Number Description
    09/05/2012 21306002413 SUPERFLY 100 ELITE SL 17.5 CN-

Availability
    NDC WDC CDC

0 1 0
    could you explain this

@trailgrinder
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoen View Post
    I sure hope you guys are getting a pro deal on these things. $8,399.99 where does that price come from? I had a new top end superfly for 4 years in a row. Last year I said I was done and ordered a niner air 9 rdo limited edition. It cost $6,299.99 retail. $2,100.00 less than the superfly pro and it came with xtr vs the sram xx so thats a wash and better wheels. Where does trek get these prices? I think they need to figure 2-3 frames into the price because you will almost for sure need a replacement.

Enough with the frame crap? So yes they had a issue with the frames a few years back but got that all worked out, I think its a little much to say that "for sure" you will need a frame replacement. Myself and three others are still riding '12 frames and I weight 200 lbs and have put over 2000 miles on my frame with no incidents. I also just got off the phone with one of my friends who is the owner of a LBS and he said that the frame problems have dissapeared. Its not like your not going to have zero problems with a product that is mass produced including Niner, Cannondale, etc. I am not going to all of a sudden start bashing niner because of a MTBR post of a frame failure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Carbon frames cost next to nothing to manufacture at high volume so the price difference is not based on ACTUAL production cost. Perceived marketplace value and marketing is
    driver of retail pricing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2rideUtah View Post
    Enough with the frame crap? So yes they had a issue with the frames a few years back but got that all worked out, I think its a little much to say that "for sure" you will need a frame replacement. Myself and three others are still riding '12 frames and I weight 200 lbs and have put over 2000 miles on my frame with no incidents. I also just got off the phone with one of my friends who is the owner of a LBS and he said that the frame problems have dissapeared. Its not like your not going to have zero problems with a product that is mass produced including Niner, Cannondale, etc. I am not going to all of a sudden start bashing niner because of a MTBR post of a frame failure.
    I am not bashing trek because of a post. I dont know where you even got that. The frame issues were not worked out last year at all. I work at a trek shop in Illinois and we had between customers and our race team 9 2012 superfly frames break. So with the new ones being even lighter I cant see them being that durable. I am at least happy to see they got rid of the front der mount and went with a clamp those broke on half the frames. The reason I went with a niner is because of the wait time on the replacements. Every frame that broke this year took 1-3 months to replace. I have multiple bikes but only 1 race bike. Trek did offer an aluminum superfly to use until the new frames were ready but that isnt the point. I rode the 2013 fly and like always the geo is great but like I said I am done.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I am not bashing trek because of a post. I dont know where you even got that. The frame issues were not worked out last year at all. I work at a trek shop in Illinois and we had between customers and our race team 9 2012 superfly frames break. So with the new ones being even lighter I cant see them being that durable. I am at least happy to see they got rid of the front der mount and went with a clamp those broke on half the frames. The reason I went with a niner is because of the wait time on the replacements. Every frame that broke this year took 1-3 months to replace. I have multiple bikes but only 1 race bike. Trek did offer an aluminum superfly to use until the new frames were ready but that isnt the point. I rode the 2013 fly and like always the geo is great but like I said I am done.
    I have to agree on both the price and frame issues. Even getting 25% of MSRP I had to pass on this bike. I was a Trek guy up until this year and between the price and build I figured out that this is a 3K frame. Is it the lightest one out there, yep, but for $8400 I am done as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    I'd rather have a Superfly than a RDO. Plus Trek has a lifetime warranty, Niner is 3 or 5 years.
    Treks is 3 or 5 also dont go off the web on their new carbon they changed the deal from lifetime. Besides niners dont break treks do!

mtbr member
    Treks is 3 or 5 also dont go off the web on their new carbon they changed the deal from lifetime. Besides niners dont break treks do!

Whaaaat? Really, I haven't heard of this? Elaborate please.

Also, I'm trying a Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon today. If I like it, I'll be cancelling my Superfly elite carbon order. A wait longer that one month is ridiculous.

mtbr member
    I have no interest in buying a Trek so I'm not going to call a dealer to ask but it says Lifetime on their site.

mtbr member
    I was planning to cancel my order for a Large SF100 until I was able to see a medium at the shop. It looked really good. Paint scheme is killer and seemed pretty dang light for an XT build. No telling when the 19's will ship but I hope it's sooner than the 2012's.
    Truffle Shuffle

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Ah, selective reading and partial information disclosure....you have the perfect skills to work as a journalist for Womens Weekly
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

Zaf
    mtbr member
    Limited Warranty - Trek Bicycle

Someone needs to re-read the warranty.

Frames, except for their Downhill line up, have lifetime warranty. The swing arms on full suspension models have 5 years, all Bontrager components that come with the bike have 2 years, and paint and decals get one year.

It's all there in black and white, better yet, they're well known for how well they follow through on warranty support.

@trailgrinder
    Now I highly doubt that you work at a Trek shop in Illinois? How can you work at a bike shop and not even understand the warranty. Being a bike shoppe employee whos sales Trek bikes you would fully understand the warrantee process if you see so many cracked frames like you said above? You would have also have been aware that regardless of cracked frames in the past they were very good about honoring thier warrantee and replacing frames. You need to undergo some training if you work at a bike shop and don't even know the warantee?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    My 2009 Superfly cracked about a year and a half ago. Trek warrantied it and sent me the latest greatest 2011 Superfly. The 2011 frame is now cracked at the front derailleur which I've learned is somewhat common on that frame.

LBS told me that the replacement frame would be here in a week and that it would be the 2013 carbon Superfly Comp frame. I pointed at the 2013 Superfly Pro SL on the website and inquired why I wouldn't be getting the latest and greatest like they sent last time. He chuckled and said those frames will never see the light of day. Too many issues with the frames breaking.

Perhaps they can work the kinks out in time for a mid year release but I bet they put slick paint scheme on the Superfly Comp frame, spec it out nicely and count their losses.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    My 2009 Superfly cracked about a year and a half ago. Trek warrantied it and sent me the latest, greatest 2011 Superfly. The 2011 frame is now cracked at the front derailleur which I've learned is somewhat common on that frame based on reviews here.

LBS told me that the replacement frame would be here in a week and that it would be the 2013 carbon Superfly Comp frame. I pointed at the 2013 Superfly Pro SL on the website and inquired why I wouldn't be getting the latest and greatest like they sent last time. He chuckled and said those frames will never see the light of day. Too many issues with the frames breaking.

So has anyone actually seen any of these at their LBS? Maybe on display?

Perhaps they can work the kinks out in time for a mid year release but I bet they put slick paint scheme on the Superfly Comp frame, spec it out nicely and count their losses.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast