Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 131
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    123
    i ordered a superfly 100 sl months ago and have no idea when it will be in ! so angry !
    live to ride ride to live

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    Weird how big companies (Trek, Cannondale) can't seem to get their high end bikes to the customers on time.
    I cancelled my '13 Superfly 100 order on a Wednesday and had a new Scalpel 2 29er for the weekend.

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35
    Just received an e-mail notice Trek got in a Superfly 100 SL Elite 17.5.

  4. #54
    @trailgrinder
    Reputation: Live2rideUtah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    422
    Might have a high demand? I waited 6 months for mine but it was well worth the wait, they did the same crap to me with the dec ship date, date comes moves to jan and so on. I was down to the final straw and they came through I even went as far to tweet them and miraculously they called me back and I had a bike in transit. It was worth the wait for me.

  5. #55
    @trailgrinder
    Reputation: Live2rideUtah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by multitool View Post
    i ordered a superfly 100 sl months ago and have no idea when it will be in ! so angry !
    My guess is May. They did the same to me but I live where it snows so it wasn't the end of the world. I tried to like the Tallboy but it didn't feel right and I wanted the frame warrantee

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    123
    we are talking about 2013 superfly carbon 100s and hard tails, as far as i know there isnt any in the usa yet. your profile says you have a 2012
    live to ride ride to live

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35
    ...
    Last edited by Revolution Bicycles; 01-04-2013 at 12:50 PM.

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    39

    Cancelled!

    I cancelled my Superfly Elite order back in October when they kept pushing back availability and couldn't confirm any semblance of a delivery date. I ordered a Niner A9 RDO from the same dealer and am happy with my decision. Oh, and it looks better than the SF, too, in green/black.

    Sorry Trek. You should have gotten your $hit together before you accepted orders...


    NDC=New Delivery Confirmation
    WDC=What Delivery Confirmation?
    CDC=Cancelled Delivery Confirmation

    -Drew

  9. #59
    @trailgrinder
    Reputation: Live2rideUtah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by multitool View Post
    we are talking about 2013 superfly carbon 100s and hard tails, as far as i know there isnt any in the usa yet. your profile says you have a 2012
    I am aware of that, I was saying that's his was the exact same thing they did to me LAST year, that is why I posted that I bet they won't be out until May or June. I pre-ordered early and every month they kept on changing the date. But like I said above I live where it snows so oh well? I waited it out.

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    107
    I sure hope you guys are getting a pro deal on these things. $8,399.99 where does that price come from? I had a new top end superfly for 4 years in a row. Last year I said I was done and ordered a niner air 9 rdo limited edition. It cost $6,299.99 retail. $2,100.00 less than the superfly pro and it came with xtr vs the sram xx so thats a wash and better wheels. Where does trek get these prices? I think they need to figure 2-3 frames into the price because you will almost for sure need a replacement.

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: limba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,939
    I'd rather have a Superfly than a RDO. Plus Trek has a lifetime warranty, Niner is 3 or 5 years.

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution Bicycles View Post
    Not sure if your question is for me. This is what was sent to me today.


    Date Added Item Number Description
    09/05/2012 21306002413 SUPERFLY 100 ELITE SL 17.5 CN-

    Availability
    NDC WDC CDC

    0 1 0
    could you explain this
    live to ride ride to live

  13. #63
    @trailgrinder
    Reputation: Live2rideUtah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoen View Post
    I sure hope you guys are getting a pro deal on these things. $8,399.99 where does that price come from? I had a new top end superfly for 4 years in a row. Last year I said I was done and ordered a niner air 9 rdo limited edition. It cost $6,299.99 retail. $2,100.00 less than the superfly pro and it came with xtr vs the sram xx so thats a wash and better wheels. Where does trek get these prices? I think they need to figure 2-3 frames into the price because you will almost for sure need a replacement.

    Enough with the frame crap? So yes they had a issue with the frames a few years back but got that all worked out, I think its a little much to say that "for sure" you will need a frame replacement. Myself and three others are still riding '12 frames and I weight 200 lbs and have put over 2000 miles on my frame with no incidents. I also just got off the phone with one of my friends who is the owner of a LBS and he said that the frame problems have dissapeared. Its not like your not going to have zero problems with a product that is mass produced including Niner, Cannondale, etc. I am not going to all of a sudden start bashing niner because of a MTBR post of a frame failure.

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoen View Post
    I sure hope you guys are getting a pro deal on these things. $8,399.99 where does that price come from? I had a new top end superfly for 4 years in a row. Last year I said I was done and ordered a niner air 9 rdo limited edition. It cost $6,299.99 retail. $2,100.00 less than the superfly pro and it came with xtr vs the sram xx so thats a wash and better wheels. Where does trek get these prices? I think they need to figure 2-3 frames into the price because you will almost for sure need a replacement.
    Carbon frames cost next to nothing to manufacture at high volume so the price difference is not based on ACTUAL production cost. Perceived marketplace value and marketing is
    driver of retail pricing.

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2rideUtah View Post
    Enough with the frame crap? So yes they had a issue with the frames a few years back but got that all worked out, I think its a little much to say that "for sure" you will need a frame replacement. Myself and three others are still riding '12 frames and I weight 200 lbs and have put over 2000 miles on my frame with no incidents. I also just got off the phone with one of my friends who is the owner of a LBS and he said that the frame problems have dissapeared. Its not like your not going to have zero problems with a product that is mass produced including Niner, Cannondale, etc. I am not going to all of a sudden start bashing niner because of a MTBR post of a frame failure.
    I am not bashing trek because of a post. I dont know where you even got that. The frame issues were not worked out last year at all. I work at a trek shop in Illinois and we had between customers and our race team 9 2012 superfly frames break. So with the new ones being even lighter I cant see them being that durable. I am at least happy to see they got rid of the front der mount and went with a clamp those broke on half the frames. The reason I went with a niner is because of the wait time on the replacements. Every frame that broke this year took 1-3 months to replace. I have multiple bikes but only 1 race bike. Trek did offer an aluminum superfly to use until the new frames were ready but that isnt the point. I rode the 2013 fly and like always the geo is great but like I said I am done.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoen View Post
    I am not bashing trek because of a post. I dont know where you even got that. The frame issues were not worked out last year at all. I work at a trek shop in Illinois and we had between customers and our race team 9 2012 superfly frames break. So with the new ones being even lighter I cant see them being that durable. I am at least happy to see they got rid of the front der mount and went with a clamp those broke on half the frames. The reason I went with a niner is because of the wait time on the replacements. Every frame that broke this year took 1-3 months to replace. I have multiple bikes but only 1 race bike. Trek did offer an aluminum superfly to use until the new frames were ready but that isnt the point. I rode the 2013 fly and like always the geo is great but like I said I am done.
    I have to agree on both the price and frame issues. Even getting 25% of MSRP I had to pass on this bike. I was a Trek guy up until this year and between the price and build I figured out that this is a 3K frame. Is it the lightest one out there, yep, but for $8400 I am done as well.

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    I'd rather have a Superfly than a RDO. Plus Trek has a lifetime warranty, Niner is 3 or 5 years.
    Treks is 3 or 5 also dont go off the web on their new carbon they changed the deal from lifetime. Besides niners dont break treks do!

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DRILLINDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoen View Post
    Treks is 3 or 5 also dont go off the web on their new carbon they changed the deal from lifetime. Besides niners dont break treks do!

    Whaaaat? Really, I haven't heard of this? Elaborate please.


    Also, I'm trying a Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon today. If I like it, I'll be cancelling my Superfly elite carbon order. A wait longer that one month is ridiculous.

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: limba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,939
    I have no interest in buying a Trek so I'm not going to call a dealer to ask but it says Lifetime on their site.

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cavitykilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    218
    I was planning to cancel my order for a Large SF100 until I was able to see a medium at the shop. It looked really good. Paint scheme is killer and seemed pretty dang light for an XT build. No telling when the 19's will ship but I hope it's sooner than the 2012's.
    Truffle Shuffle

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoen View Post
    Treks is 3 or 5 also dont go off the web on their new carbon they changed the deal from lifetime. Besides niners dont break treks do!
    Ah, selective reading and partial information disclosure....you have the perfect skills to work as a journalist for Womens Weekly
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

  22. #72
    Zaf
    Zaf is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoen View Post
    Treks is 3 or 5 also dont go off the web on their new carbon they changed the deal from lifetime. Besides niners dont break treks do!
    Limited Warranty - Trek Bicycle

    Someone needs to re-read the warranty.

    Frames, except for their Downhill line up, have lifetime warranty. The swing arms on full suspension models have 5 years, all Bontrager components that come with the bike have 2 years, and paint and decals get one year.

    It's all there in black and white, better yet, they're well known for how well they follow through on warranty support.

  23. #73
    @trailgrinder
    Reputation: Live2rideUtah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoen View Post
    Treks is 3 or 5 also dont go off the web on their new carbon they changed the deal from lifetime. Besides niners dont break treks do!
    Now I highly doubt that you work at a Trek shop in Illinois? How can you work at a bike shop and not even understand the warranty. Being a bike shoppe employee whos sales Trek bikes you would fully understand the warrantee process if you see so many cracked frames like you said above? You would have also have been aware that regardless of cracked frames in the past they were very good about honoring thier warrantee and replacing frames. You need to undergo some training if you work at a bike shop and don't even know the warantee?

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    126
    My 2009 Superfly cracked about a year and a half ago. Trek warrantied it and sent me the latest greatest 2011 Superfly. The 2011 frame is now cracked at the front derailleur which I've learned is somewhat common on that frame.

    LBS told me that the replacement frame would be here in a week and that it would be the 2013 carbon Superfly Comp frame. I pointed at the 2013 Superfly Pro SL on the website and inquired why I wouldn't be getting the latest and greatest like they sent last time. He chuckled and said those frames will never see the light of day. Too many issues with the frames breaking.

    Perhaps they can work the kinks out in time for a mid year release but I bet they put slick paint scheme on the Superfly Comp frame, spec it out nicely and count their losses.

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    126
    My 2009 Superfly cracked about a year and a half ago. Trek warrantied it and sent me the latest, greatest 2011 Superfly. The 2011 frame is now cracked at the front derailleur which I've learned is somewhat common on that frame based on reviews here.

    LBS told me that the replacement frame would be here in a week and that it would be the 2013 carbon Superfly Comp frame. I pointed at the 2013 Superfly Pro SL on the website and inquired why I wouldn't be getting the latest and greatest like they sent last time. He chuckled and said those frames will never see the light of day. Too many issues with the frames breaking.

    So has anyone actually seen any of these at their LBS? Maybe on display?

    Perhaps they can work the kinks out in time for a mid year release but I bet they put slick paint scheme on the Superfly Comp frame, spec it out nicely and count their losses.

  26. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Hi, first post. I got mine today from my LBS, ordered it 6 weeks ago. Swapped my Thompson seat post, set tires tubeless, candy 3 pedals, water cage (RXL) and sitting nicely at 24.3 lbs.

    2013 superfly sl-image.jpg

  27. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    225
    There is a thread with folks posting up picture's of Elite's that have shown up, has anyone stateside seen a regular SL or a Pro yet? (Waiting on an SL ordered in November)

  28. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Can anyone confirm the chain model used in your Superfly 100 elite SL? I had to replace mine today, because it was causing slip, due to a damaged link. Got it on warranty though. Never got the model on the stock one. Thanks

  29. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    165

    lose the shimano chain

    I forgot about shimano chains a long time ago...in my experience they are sub-par compared to SRAM chains. A SRAM 1051 is inexpensive and they perform very well. XT cassettes are quite good though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luyi_pr View Post
    Can anyone confirm the chain model used in your Superfly 100 elite SL? I had to replace mine today, because it was causing slip, due to a damaged link. Got it on warranty though. Never got the model on the stock one. Thanks

  30. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    94
    Does anyone have the Superfly Elite SL (hardtail)? Haven't seen any pictures or reports on this bike..

  31. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    123
    live to ride ride to live

  32. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    27
    I got my Superfly Pro Sl a few weeks back. I don't know if they have shipped the elite sl.

  33. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmoore1 View Post
    I got my Superfly Pro Sl a few weeks back. I don't know if they have shipped the elite sl.
    Good news!!! Then... we're gonna have a nice and detailed review soon ;-)

  34. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    27
    Nope, sorry. Here in MN we are still riding studded and fat tires only. It will be at least a month before it hits gravel and probably 6 weeks before it hits dirt.

    I can tell you that it looks beautiful and it is really light!

  35. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,367
    Quote Originally Posted by silves1171 View Post
    Does anyone have the Superfly Elite SL (hardtail)? Haven't seen any pictures or reports on this bike..
    I rode one at the SE Bike Expo on Sunday. Insanely light, very stiff. VERY nice!

  36. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmoore1 View Post
    Nope, sorry. Here in MN we are still riding studded and fat tires only. It will be at least a month before it hits gravel and probably 6 weeks before it hits dirt.

    I can tell you that it looks beautiful and it is really light!
    Pics of the Pro SL? I have an Elite SL on order, hope to get it within a month. Meanwhile, it would be good to see some pics of anyone's SL.

  37. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Britishnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    415
    Man there is a lot of back and forth going on in this thread. The 2013 Superfly 100 SL frames are a completely new design from the ground up. This frame is unlike any of the previous years models. I do not think that previous years issues have pushed through into the 2013 models. I do know Trek has had a hard time getting the bikes this year and availability has suffered because of it.

    Unfortunately as with all mass produced products there are going to be lemons every so often. That is the nature of the beast. Please do not take this as an excuse to any of the people who have had problems but this is why Trek offers the warranty that they do and always have. Any of the broken frames I have seen have been taken care of in a timely fashion. Yes you will have some time without a bike but I find comfort in knowing if my big investment ever breaks I can get it replaced.

    I have had the chance to demo the 2013 Trek Superfly 100 SL Elite and the bike is AMAZING. So light and stiff yet the suspension is very fluid. Had the availability been better and had I had the extra cash handy I would have totally bought this bike. As is stands I liked it so much that I bought the 2013 Superfly 100 AL Pro. I plan on riding this bike until I can save up to buy the carbon version over the next year or two.

  38. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,367
    Congratulations Nate. I rode a '12 SF 100 AL Elite at a demo -- nice!

  39. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    165

    SL Elite sighting!

    I believe it was a medium SL Elite at the Bikeline in Newark, DE. The only reason why I am not sure is because I looked at it for 15 seconds before the salesman brought out my SuperFly 100 Elite SL.

  40. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1
    Expect to pick up Elite SL with XX1 from LBS on Thursday. I have been waiting since Sept. I hope it's worth th wait.

  41. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    64
    So all the 2013 Trek carbon mountain bikes are made in China now? That's to bad...

  42. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    30
    My LBS has said my 17.5 Superfly Elite SL (Hard tail) will be in on the 11/03/2013...! finally...!

  43. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    59
    ^^ you mean 3/11/13?

    11/3/13 seems like a long ass time to wait, maybe by then you can get a 2014 version.

  44. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    976

    Re: 2013 superfly sl

    Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    ^^ you mean 3/11/13?

    11/3/13 seems like a long ass time to wait, maybe by then you can get a 2014 version.
    International way of writing dates = day month year

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  45. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    ^^ you mean 3/11/13?

    11/3/13 seems like a long ass time to wait, maybe by then you can get a 2014 version.
    Americans....! Its been brought forward now actually, 7/3/2013... or 3/7/2013 for you amercian nuts...

  46. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Benread View Post
    Americans....! Its been brought forward now actually, 7/3/2013... or 3/7/2013 for you amercian nuts...
    Ha ha, I just hope you get it!

  47. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    30

    Haha me too... but guess what picked it up today!!!

    I picked it up today , 9.7Kg for the 17.5, looks a amazing, changing some things on it tomorrow though, XTR shadow plus rear mech, RXL -17 degree stem and a RXL seat post. Then the wheel set, either Stans race golds(weight limit isn't a issue, I way 60KG the limit is 77...) or FRM Urano... that should all drop about 500 grams total.

  48. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    225
    Name:  iso_8601.png
Views: 1837
Size:  43.1 KB

  49. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    41
    My Superfly Elite SL (hardtail) will be arriving on Tuesday as well!
    Hope it will be worth the wait...either way I am excited to take it out on the trails!

  50. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    30
    Here's a photo, looks awesome in real life, only thing changed at the moment is the XTR shadow plus rear mech.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 superfly sl-imgp7638.jpg  


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •