Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL eta ?

placed a order for a 2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL (17.5) today. was told wont be available till march 2013 !
    live to ride ride to live

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    how about we broaden the subject. whose waiting on 13s and when are they expected in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I just picked up a 13 Superfly AL Elite from my LBS a week ago. It was the only one there though. I absolutely love it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I just ordered my superfly 100 al pro. The shop I use to work for said there were only 8 available right now until late november. So the first run is probably going pretty quick.

mtbr member
    I am sure they will be here before then.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have been waiting for a 2013 warranty bike for a long time now. It is has been a 2-3 months and they said in a month or so they will be able to give me an ETA. Very frustrating!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vcnlite View Post
    I just ordered my superfly 100 al pro. The shop I use to work for said there were only 8 available right now until late november. So the first run is probably going pretty quick.
    had my dealer check on a 13 superfly 100 alum pro. eta for a 17.5 was 12/31/12. there were some leftover 2012s though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrock450 View Post
    I have been waiting for a 2013 warranty bike for a long time now. It is has been a 2-3 months and they said in a month or so they will be able to give me an ETA. Very frustrating!
    wow that sucks. you will end up waiting over 4 months !

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have a stashe 8 on order the ETA is Nov,5,12

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I ordered a 2013 Superfly SL Elite about 6 weeks ago and was told Thanksigiving.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I had ordered a 2013 Superfly 100 Elite. I was told January to March but there was no confirmed date by Trek. Our race season starts here in AZ in January so I canceled my order and built a Niner Jet9 RDO instead.

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Yesterday I ordered a Superfly 100 Elite SL at my local LBS here in the Netherlands.

According to my dealer the ETA for the Carbon models is somewhere in February/March.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Placed an order for a 2013 Superfly AL Elite; thankfully it was in stock and on the way. I was interested in the Stache 8 as well, but none were available, and on the Trek dealer site its ETA was Feb 25th 2013

mtbr member
    i just ordered the superfly al. he told me he would get it ordered and put together so im assuming itll be quick. he also had one in the shop but it was the wrong size.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by J79 View Post
    Yesterday I ordered a Superfly 100 Elite SL at my local LBS here in the Netherlands.

According to my dealer the ETA for the Carbon models is somewhere in February/March.
    sucks to have to wait till march ! alot of people will just buy another brand. in this economy seems like a stupid game plan to me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by multitool View Post
    sucks to have to wait till march ! alot of people will just buy another brand. in this economy seems like a stupid game plan to me.
    I hope you realise that Trek isn't deciding to release the bikes later (like on a whim or something when they've got stock sitting ready to go), or that they just gave every employee a bonus trip to Hawaii. They've obviously run into issues with the new fabrication techniques and the delay is unavoidable.

I mean, its not like some conspiracy theory designed to stop people getting bikes or something.
    Rimmer - "There's an old human saying - if you talk garbage, expect pain"

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Good point. I sure hope the issues they are running into is not frames breaking at an alarming rate like the first generation superflys. My superfly has been sitting at the shop broken since july and I am still waiting on a bike!
    This will be my fourth replacement frame in less than a year. I have spent more time without a bike than with it. They can't even give me an eta on when i will get a bike from them. I have a feeling something went seriously wrong with the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRandall View Post
    I hope you realise that Trek isn't deciding to release the bikes later (like on a whim or something when they've got stock sitting ready to go), or that they just gave every employee a bonus trip to Hawaii. They've obviously run into issues with the new fabrication techniques and the delay is unavoidable.

I mean, its not like some conspiracy theory designed to stop people getting bikes or something.

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    @AlexRandall Iīm curious to find out how you know if there are production issues with the 2013 carbon models?

Iīve also looked at a GT Zaskar 100 as an option, that bike, in 2013, was also due to delivery somewhere early 2013 if ordered now. So I donīt see a delivery date of February/March as an indication for a production problem.
    The ETA date of February/March as mentioned by my dealer, here in the Netherlands, is based on his online Trek dealer site two weeks ago. Maybe trek is awaiting sufficient orders in a specific size to make production efficient. Or maybe the batch in my size (19") has already been sold out, and I have to wait for a new batch. There could be tons of reasons why the bike takes 4 months to deliver, and since their competitors take just as long to deliver a bike in 2013 spec, as told by the GT dealer. I donīt see this as an indication for a problem.
    In June last year I first informed at my LBS for the Superfly 100. They told me the the 2012 stock of the SF100 was already sold out in 19". So waiting for the 2013 model was the only option, and in June they already told me not to get my hopes to have it before december.

A friend of mine bought a 2012 CUBE hardtail in november last year, a bike in the sub $1000 price range. Nothing special like carbon just a basic do it all Shimano SLX equiped Hardtail. The order was placed in November, the bike delivered early February.

Yes having to wait 5 months on the new bike sucks, I still have my Sugar 29er to take my mind of the waiting period.

@cbrock450 That is a shame, I hope your LBS has provided you with at least a replacement bike for the time beeing?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Mid Feb for 21.5, March 11th, 19.5

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    One of the guys I ride with that placed his order for a Superfly SL Elite in October just got a confirmed delivery date of Febuary 7th 2013.

mtbr member
    I am a Trek Dealer. According to the info for my store these will be available in January (I pre booked them). They often ship sooner for dealers that pre booked them. Better to underpromise and overdeliver. My Stache 8 showed an eta of December and I got it a week ago.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I just had the LBS check on my order and they are now being told January. I'm getting sick of waiting and am thinking about gettng something else. Once the snow hits here in Michigan I will be on my 29er until March. I'm going to need a bike soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    One more update....The delivery date was pushed back again. This time to February14. I cancelled the order and picked up a Scott Scale 910.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    My Supefly Comp frame only is suppose to be here in the next few weeks. Does anyone know what msrp on the frame only is? I am selling it the minute i get it and i don't know what to ask for it.

eschewing obfuscation
    Ordered a '13 Superfly 100 Pro SL on Friday (technically the order goes in on Monday, as Trek was closed Friday). ETA: 4/8/12. In all likelihood, the bike will arrive earlier, as quite a few of the pre-ordered bikes, particularly high end models, are ordered by dealers many months in advance and then when the time comes to pony up the cash, many dealers and buyers change their minds, and then folks lower on the list move up.
    "Bikes have wheels." -Noam Chomsky

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast