Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL eta ?

53K views 242 replies 59 participants last post by  J79 
#1 ·
placed a order for a 2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL (17.5) today. was told wont be available till march 2013 ! :confused:

#13 ·
Placed an order for a 2013 Superfly AL Elite; thankfully it was in stock and on the way. I was interested in the Stache 8 as well, but none were available, and on the Trek dealer site its ETA was Feb 25th 2013 :(

#18 ·
@AlexRandall I´m curious to find out how you know if there are production issues with the 2013 carbon models?

I´ve also looked at a GT Zaskar 100 as an option, that bike, in 2013, was also due to delivery somewhere early 2013 if ordered now. So I don´t see a delivery date of February/March as an indication for a production problem.
The ETA date of February/March as mentioned by my dealer, here in the Netherlands, is based on his online Trek dealer site two weeks ago. Maybe trek is awaiting sufficient orders in a specific size to make production efficient. Or maybe the batch in my size (19") has already been sold out, and I have to wait for a new batch. There could be tons of reasons why the bike takes 4 months to deliver, and since their competitors take just as long to deliver a bike in 2013 spec, as told by the GT dealer. I don´t see this as an indication for a problem.
In June last year I first informed at my LBS for the Superfly 100. They told me the the 2012 stock of the SF100 was already sold out in 19". So waiting for the 2013 model was the only option, and in June they already told me not to get my hopes to have it before december.

A friend of mine bought a 2012 CUBE hardtail in november last year, a bike in the sub $1000 price range. Nothing special like carbon just a basic do it all Shimano SLX equiped Hardtail. The order was placed in November, the bike delivered early February.

Yes having to wait 5 months on the new bike sucks, I still have my Sugar 29er to take my mind of the waiting period.

@cbrock450 That is a shame, I hope your LBS has provided you with at least a replacement bike for the time beeing?

#25 ·
Ordered a '13 Superfly 100 Pro SL on Friday (technically the order goes in on Monday, as Trek was closed Friday). ETA: 4/8/12. In all likelihood, the bike will arrive earlier, as quite a few of the pre-ordered bikes, particularly high end models, are ordered by dealers many months in advance and then when the time comes to pony up the cash, many dealers and buyers change their minds, and then folks lower on the list move up.

#27 ·
I went to my LBS to place my order on a SF 100 SL and was told the ETA would be 4/8/12. Ouch. I had them check on the SF Elite and Pro and the Eta is not much better. 3/20/12. They system shows none of the above bikes available before 2/1/12. My dealer preordered 12 SF''s in assorted sizes and spec levels and they haven't received any of them let alone any confirmed delivery dates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.