Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    live to ride ride to live

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Just picked up my bike at the dealer, rode it home and loved it!

2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL eta ?-8494395731_f48689704f_z_d.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    what size ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by J79 View Post
    Just went to the lbs, had a quick look, what a bike!
    11,08kg out of the box, 19"

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    19 got it

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Has anyone tried fitting 2.25 tires on the bike?
    Looks like it would fit, but just asking to be sure before ordering them.

mtbr member
    2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL eta ?-photo.jpg

The Trek Store in Chattanooga has a rack of carbon Superfly 100s

mtbr member
    double post

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    disappointing to think mine is all paid for and im still waiting.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    From reading this thread it does seem that Trek does not know if a bike is sold as a pre order. They just send them to dealers that placed stock orders first whether it is for a sold bike or stock. It is disappointing to see people that have bought and paid for bikes seeing stock bikes just sitting on the showroom floor in other stores.
    I have a 2012 replacement frame from a 2010 that seems to be holding up but my wife's 2012 has a crack in the lower chain stay just like my 2010 so I don't think the cracking problem has been fixed yet. Time will tell.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Re: 2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL eta ?

Quote Originally Posted by dlennard View Post
    From reading this thread it does seem that Trek does not know if a bike is sold as a pre order. They just send them to dealers that placed stock orders first whether it is for a sold bike or stock. It is disappointing to see people that have bought and paid for bikes seeing stock bikes just sitting on the showroom floor in other stores.
    I have a 2012 replacement frame from a 2010 that seems to be holding up but my wife's 2012 has a crack in the lower chain stay just like my 2010 so I don't think the cracking problem has been fixed yet. Time will tell.
    2013 frames are quite different from 2012 frames. I am Hopeful. Yet hopefully not naive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Got mine!

It is a XXL, the only size with a surplus in the world right now...be patient smaller sized fellows, this bike is sick! I switched the seat and the post to a Thomson, set it tubeless and went for a test ride. It's a rocket, hooks up extremely well and feels really balanced. I think I am going to leave the cockpit stock.

2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL eta ?-xxl-sf100-elite-sl.jpg

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Can't wait to take my SF100 out for a first test ride...

Got back from skiing-trip yesterday, but messed up my right shoulder in a crash...

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Real nice weather here today, sun is out, all the snow is gone, so couldn't resist and went for a quick ride despite my shoulder issues.

Wow, the SF feels really great out there. Rode the bike out of the box, only added a water bottle and my own saddle (fizik gobi). Love the stiffness of the wheels and frame, responsiveness in and out off corners was amazing. Still have to properly set up the bike, waiting on new tires and not yet used to the cockpit. Had a 54cm flat-bar with bar-ends on my old sugar and fuel.
    But those are minor issues, can't wait to have a proper go on the bike once my shoulder is healed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    How is that fox terra logic fork?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The hard tail SuperFly Elite SL comes with the terralogic fork. The 100 has a performance series CTD with FIT damper.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    How is that fox terra logic fork?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    anyone have any good weight shaving options on their bike? I have replaced my seat tube with a carbon race XXX lite one and going to get some lighter industry nine torch wheels for it but curious where I can also cut some weight? Tubes are gone already.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grumpy View Post
    I was down to my Trek dealer, my Superfly 100 SL is due April 8, 2013. It was ordered in early December.

We'll see!
    My 17.5" SF 100 SL is on it's way, a month early! It shipped from Trek late last week, so hopefully I'll see it late this coming week.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    From Portugal!
    Look at my album (put also a Like in our page! )

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0718019&type=1

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    ruiabreu.
    Uol Amazing bike..... is this weight with pedals ???

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    No. Without pedals.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Trek is going to ship first come, first serve to dealers that placed orders regardless if its sold or a stock bike. August was the the first time these were offered to preorder. So if the dealer was smart and thought they would sell a few, they ordered some. If your dealer doesn't stock that bike, or waited awhile to order for stock, then yeah its going to be longer....pretty sure thats how it works with everything in life. As for the chainstay....they are aluminum on the new model.

Quote Originally Posted by dlennard View Post

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Arrived!

My 17.5" SF 100 SL is on it's way, a month early! It shipped from Trek late last week, so hopefully I'll see it late this coming week.
    Arrived yesterday (Wednesday) almost a month early. Lucky me!

I stripped it and started building it last night. Still waiting on a few items which should be here this week.

Sadly, I couldn't weigh the frame.

2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL eta ?-sf100sl.jpg

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Finally had a descent go on the bike, my shoulder felt OK, weather was nice so made the first serious ride on the bike.

What can I say, this bike is awesome. Every pedal stroke is transmitted to the wheels, the bike feels really responsive and efficient. Bike felt very confident on the descent and was eating the trails like no bike I ever rode. The suspension was very active, even uphill but never felt the need to switch to the CLIMB setting. I actually had the feeling the suspension was creating grip in stead of absorbing pedal power. Completely different feeling as I was used to on my Sugar and Fuel. To bad the Bontrager 29-1 tires were completely rubbish in the mud, still waiting on the rimstrips to instal the TLR Michelin Wildgripp'r 2.25 tires.
    Also the XT disc brakes surprised me, the overal feeling is pretty good. The brakes felt pretty smooth and responsive.

So in short, I had a blast on the trails today, the bike absolutely matched my expectations.
    I am not planning to many changes, only things I'm changing is to improve my position on the bike. I'm changing the stem (going for a 90mm) and handle bar, with a bit more rise.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Arrived yesterday (Wednesday) almost a month early. Lucky me!

I stripped it and started building it last night. Still waiting on a few items which should be here this week.

Sadly, I couldn't weigh the frame.
    It's built and almost ready to go. Still waiting on a set of Maxxis Ignitors which I'll install tubeless. Currently sitting at 24 lbs 3 oz with the stock tires and tubes.

2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL eta ?-photo.jpg

Quick parts listing...
    Easton EC70 Bar
    Stock stem
    Lizard Skin Charger lock-on grips
    Formula RX brakes with Ai2 Rotors
    XT Shifters, Der's, Cranks, cassette (11-36), chain
    Crest Wheelset
    Hylix carbon post (ebay) - Hope it works!
    Specialized Romin Pro saddle
    Old, very well used M540 pedals (looking to replace with M780 soon)
    Specialized Rib Pro cage
    Polar mount

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast