Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL eta ?

53K views 242 replies 59 participants last post by  J79 
#1 ·
placed a order for a 2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL (17.5) today. was told wont be available till march 2013 ! :confused:

#39 ·
Who is actually riding a 13 SF 100 Elite SL??

I have an order on one - 21" - that should be here in a month. Still have not seen much of a review on it. Who has some saddle time on this beauty and how does it compare to what you rode before (I was on Hifi Deluxe '11).

Thanks!

#40 ·
I have an order on one - 21" - that should be here in a month. Still have not seen much of a review on it. Who has some saddle time on this beauty and how does it compare to what you rode before (I was on Hifi Deluxe '11).

Thanks!
The only ones I've been able to see or hear any reviews on are in Trek's demo fleet or in the hands of thief factory team and mechanics.

Travis Brown had something on Twitter yesterday about a Strava link and how fast the Superfly climbs.

#44 ·
That is good news, please don´t hesitate to share some pictures and first hand info on the bikes!

Bad news guys I have a superfly 100 elite sl on order which was originally scheduled for March 2013 but was told yesterday Trek has pushed all dates back some 45 days and now it's not due until June 3, 2013 which is even longer then the 45 days. I might have to look at another brand.
That is bad News, mine is set to arrive in March as well. The waiting period is long, but when it arrives in March it is just in time, just after the winter.
I´ll see if I can pay a visit to my LBS and have them check on my order this week. If it is also pushed back until June, I will switch to a Rumblefish.

#65 ·
Not USA...

The new SL frames are not made in the USA. I contacted Trek and they confirmed it...

Me: Hi Trek, where are the 2013 Superfly 100 SL OCLV Mountain Carbon frames made, in your USA facility or overseas? My friends 12' SF100 Elite says it was made in the USA on the seattube. That would be great if the new ones were made in Waterloo

Trek: Thanks for writing, but those are produced in Taiwan.

#68 ·
just got the answer for someone that works at a trek shop.

"I manage a store that sells trek. I was told that there have been some frame issues with some of the early production models and that they are working on the issue.
I have had a customer waiting since November, the current date of availability is showing me n/a."

#69 ·
Kind of the same response I've gotten from Trek in the Netherlands. I got a bike trip to Austria planned early June, kind of need the new bike by then. Trek told me the couldn't guarantee the delivery for June. My order was placed on 20 october, and original delivery should be March.

Going to have a chat with my dealer this weekend, going to see what the options are. Maybe spent some money and update/overhaul my Sugar 292 and ride it for one more year, and order a SF100 for next year. Or have a second look at the GT Zaskar100, or maybe the C'dale Scalpel.

#71 ·
Is this holdup? Or, perhaps this is how you can help?!? :)

Trek Bikes | Company | Careers lists this:

Global Forecasting and Demand Planning Manager
Forecasting | Waterloo, WI, United States

Global Forecasting and Demand Planning Manager
Forecasting | Waterloo, WI, United States

The Trek Service Forecasting group is responsible for having the right service parts, in the right place, at the right time, in the right quantity globally for the purpose of supporting our goal to provide Customer Service Fast.
This responsibility is why we exist and is our service to both internal and external Trek customers around the globe.

We are seeking an experienced product forecaster to take on the management of several key service categories within the business. Strong leadership, management, organizational and communication skills are essential. Understanding of the technical nature of bicycles, the bicycle industry, supply chain management and business operations are strongly preferred. Proven experience in purchasing, forecasting and/or demand planning is required.

Primary Responsibilities
Manage product forecasts, demand plans, purchase orders, and related inventory levels
Responsible for staying up to date on responsible category intelligence, establishing relationships between consumption data, failure rates, owned assets and demand plan
Create and utilize reports with available business analytics tools
Create, maintain and communicate product forecasts, inventory plans, and production schedules
Create, place and maintain purchase orders for global consumption with established supplier partners
Actively communicate global availability, product ETA's
Serve as a data steward for part setup and attribute setup with regard to all forecasting, supply planning and related business attributes
Other duties as assigned
Requirements
Minimum of 2 years' experience in purchasing, forecasting, or demand planning
Proactive problem solving approach with changing priorities in a fast paced environment
Proven critical thinking and collaborative skills for global business coordination
Experience in supplier relationship building; including negotiations
Ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior management
Ability to create and implement plans, processes and procedures
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with excellence
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Strong PC skills (including MS Office applications)
International business experience or exposure is a strong plus
2-3 weeks international and domestic travel annually

#74 ·
Just got back from my LBS. My bike has been postponed until 27 may. I'll be leaving for Austria on the 24th. My dealer will contact Trek this week and see what he can do.

But I'm afraid I will have to cancel the bike. I think my best option will be to overhaul my Sugar and re-order the bike for the '14 model in September.

#75 ·
may 27th !!!!!!!!!??????????? what is going on ?????!!!!!!!!! and it doesnt seem like alot of people are complaining on here. did not alot of people order one and yet trek still cant get them ready ? i cant see waiting for a bike thats going to be half a year old once you get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.