Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by packfill View Post
    lost in translation...from Boulder, CO?
    You DO KNOW what they now spend all their time doing in Colorado, right? They all need "medical assistance".

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33z0n3r View Post
    You DO KNOW what they now spend all their time doing in Colorado, right? They all need "medical assistance".
    In that case, you should not take my posts to seriously....

That stuff is legally available here in the Netherlands

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Anybody here internally route their brake line? Was it a pain? Were you able to keep most of the fluid in the line, then just do a quick bleed job?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by goatalope View Post
    Anybody here internally route their brake line? Was it a pain? Were you able to keep most of the fluid in the line, then just do a quick bleed job?
    It's not bad at all. Dropping the fork is a must and removing the crank and bottom bracket's internal bearing shield is helpful.

If you're familiar with the most current generation Top Fuel, then you've got a leg up as the process is very similar. I used a fresh hydraulic line. The Top Fuel's used to come packaged with a new line for this purpose. The new Superfly SL's do not, however.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    After a 2 month of riding new Superfly 100 Elite sl, here is my review:
    - ultra happy, i think its way better than 2012 model
    (under 11kg in XL, better suspension, good and fast wheelset)
    - its stiff or as stiff as 2012 full carbon model
    (i was really scared after i read review at bikeradar, which i found totally inaccurate now)

Best bike, best 29er i ever rode (Niner R.I.P, Niner JET, Trek SF100 2012, Scott Spark)

mtbr member
    Quick question:

Right now I ride a Fuel EX 9 but its a few years old and looking for a new bike for the stable. Choosing between the Superfly 100 or the EX 9 29er. I don't race, or do crazy downhill, just singletrack flowy trails is the best way to put it. I do however want to have a great climbing bike.

Would the SuperFly be a good bike for me? I've heard some say it's a great trail bike and others say it doesnt take the chatter that well, and I'm better off with the Fuel. Thoughts?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Racing = Superfly

Trail = Fuel EX

Stoke/Enduro/All Mountain/Whatever it's called these days = Remedy

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallejo View Post
    Quick question:

Right now I ride a Fuel EX 9 but its a few years old and looking for a new bike for the stable. Choosing between the Superfly 100 or the EX 9 29er. I don't race, or do crazy downhill, just singletrack flowy trails is the best way to put it. I do however want to have a great climbing bike.

Would the SuperFly be a good bike for me? I've heard some say it's a great trail bike and others say it doesnt take the chatter that well, and I'm better off with the Fuel. Thoughts?

Thanks!
    I think the Superfly would be a great bike for you. I just bought a 2014 Fuel EX 9. I think the Fuel would make you a great bike too for the kind of riding you do if you changed out the wheels to something lighter. My 2014 Fuel EX 9 21" frame came in at 30.4 lbs stock with XT clipless pedals. I want to lose about 1 pound with a wheel upgrade soon to make it a better climber.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quick question:

Thanks!
    You can trail ride the Superfly 100, it's pretty confident, but it is definitely a race bike at its core, not a trail bike / all around bike / one bike quiver. The Fuel EX 29er is a better bet for you. (Coming from a Superfly 100 SL owner that has some time on a Fuel EX 29er).

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quick question:

Thanks!
    answer above are correct all, of course.

The question is, where you want to move your riding.

But SF100 is much better trail bike(or lets say eating trails), than your old FuelEx26.
    So if you want have a little bit better trailbike then your previous, but ride faster on every surface, buy SF100
    And if you want to have much better trail bike, buy FEX29

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    What is it that makes the SF 100 not a good trail bike?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB. View Post
    sure it is good trail bike, but think that are also some awesome

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB. View Post
    It's not as playful or fun a bike to ride. It's a bit on the boring and un-inspired side of things.. When you put the hammer down and want to go fast, it goes _FAST_ -- but short of that it is simply less fun to ride than some other bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsjg View Post
    It's not as playful or fun a bike to ride. It's a bit on the boring and un-inspired side of things.. When you put the hammer down and want to go fast, it goes _FAST_ -- but short of that it is simply less fun to ride than some other bikes.
    I dunno. I'll spend a few days on my Slash and then again on my Superfly 100. The Superfly is stupid fun, though it needs a wider bar/shorter stem out of the box. It's pretty amazing what that bike can handle.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JMUSuperman View Post
    I dunno. I'll spend a few days on my Slash and then again on my Superfly 100. The Superfly is stupid fun, though it needs a wider bar/shorter stem out of the box. It's pretty amazing what that bike can handle.
    Well, I guess I don't agree with all of that -- at least not in comparison to a bike like the Fuel EX 29er. My Superfly 100 SL needed a slightly longer stem and a setback post to make it fit (but a size up was way too big).

Yes, the SF100 can "handle" just about whatever you throw at it, but it does not "inspire" you to want to take the nasty burly line to the bottom of the hill, even if it can handle it. Whereas some bikes naturally make you seek out rougher, harder, burlier lines to see what you and the bike can make of them, the Superfly isn't that bike.

There is maybe a bit of a fine distinction, I think. Either bike could definitely do the job of the other. You could race a Fuel EX 29er and not lose much if anything over the Superfly, and on some (very rough) courses the EX would be the faster bike. You can definitely trail ride the Superfly and have a ball. That said, the character of the Superfly falls squarely in race bike territory. The new Superfly 100 SL rides much more like a race bike than the last generation (2012 and prior) Superfly 100, which definitely could make a fun and inspired trail bike.

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Had a beautiful ride in Belgium today, but seem somehow managed to kill of my sf100...
    Found a hole in the downtube during cleaning...

Haven't noticed anything out of the usual madness during my ride. Let's see what the dealer will say...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hole ....

It's look like something hit the frame and cause a little scratch near the hole to !!

J79
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012

2013 Superfly 100 Elite SL eta ?

Trek has offered me a new front triangle under crash replacement. The hole was caused by impact not by manufacturing error.
    Should be riding the fly again in about a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10