Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 rumblefish

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Got mine today!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 rumblefish-uploadfromtaptalk1355357529083.jpg  

2013 rumblefish-uploadfromtaptalk1355357539349.jpg  

2013 rumblefish-uploadfromtaptalk1355357548930.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    New guy to mountain biking - I currently own a Trek Mamba but I have a RF Elite on order (my bike shop has it listed as on "backorder" but I've already paid for it, if that makes sense)...

Can't believe how addicting the past couple of months has been on our local trails - rode the Elite and I seriously can't believe how far the freakin' technology has come...

Bike isn't supposed to arrive until Jan 8th - TOO LONG TO WAIT!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshug1 View Post
    New guy to mountain biking - I currently own a Trek Mamba but I have a RF Elite on order (my bike shop has it listed as on "backorder" but I've already paid for it, if that makes sense)...

Can't believe how addicting the past couple of months has been on our local trails - rode the Elite and I seriously can't believe how far the freakin' technology has come...

Bike isn't supposed to arrive until Jan 8th - TOO LONG TO WAIT!!!
    Addicting for sure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Heads up. In my case the recommended PSI for the shock and fork were nowhere near right for my weight (200 geared up). In fact the shock took more than double to get right.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Just picked mine up today

Eatin' aint Cheatin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-TECH View Post
    Heads up. In my case the recommended PSI for the shock and fork were nowhere near right for my weight (200 geared up). In fact the shock took more than double to get right.
    Are you setting up for 25 percent sag? That seems to be the magic number on the fuel. Rides like a dream at 25 percent. BTW, Q, that bike looks friggin sweet.
    2011 Trek Fuel EX 8
    2010 Cannondale F4

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stangbang View Post
    Are you setting up for 25 percent sag? That seems to be the magic number on the fuel. Rides like a dream at 25 percent. BTW, Q, that bike looks friggin sweet.
    Thanks bro. Yes im at 25-30% in the back (225psi) and 20% in front cant remember psi up front.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Looking good Q!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-TECH View Post
    Got mine today!
    Nice Q, welcome to the land of the flying fish!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thought Id share some suspension set-up info to maybe save some people some time getting dialed in.

Keep in mind this is just whats working for me. Im 195# geared up maybe 200# with hydration pack. Im no downhill demon but I say I am somewhat aggressive on the trails.

FORK SETTINGS:
    120psi is netting 18-20% sag
    Rebound @ 5 clicks from fully closed

SHOCK SETTINGS:
    225psi is netting 28-30% sag
    Rebound @ 4 clicks from fully closed

All riding so far has been in Trail mode except for a couple minutes testing both Descend & Climb for kicks. At first I had rear rebound at 6 clicks out and this was to floaty for me causing the back to pitch a bit over higher paced jumps. Setting it to 4 helped significantly. The ride is great. On this initial 7.5 mile shakedown I used all but 9/16" of the front travel and all but 3/16 of the rear travel.

Overall Im loving the suspension and the bike overall. Hope this helps someone.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    OK, I've had a busy couple of days but I'm getting ready to go out in the garage and start messing with it here in a few. I think the lbs botched the cable routing a little bit. Could someone post a couple of pics of the way the cables lay around headset. I also need to put a reverb on so a couple of close up pics of that rf pro would be awesome too.

Here's mine

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Mine had a cable route error out of the box that we sorted on the stand. Ill get a pic up in a bit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by VFRLuke View Post
    OK, I've had a busy couple of days but I'm getting ready to go out in the garage and start messing with it here in a few. I think the lbs botched the cable routing a little bit. Could someone post a couple of pics of the way the cables lay around headset. I also need to put a reverb on so a couple of close up pics of that rf pro would be awesome too.

Here's mine
    I'll get some pics up tomorrow of the reverb routing for you mate, the rf pro came with left handed remote. Believe it or not I've hardly looked at my bike in detail, too much adrenaline last Sunday when I took it out!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Loving the colour coordinated pedals Luke, nice touch!
    I'd post some pics of my cables but pretty pointless when my bike hasn't got any forks on at the mo...

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Understand. I ended up getting the right hand remote reverb because of the deal I got on it and I'm going to try to get it under the bars on the left side. It looks to me like the SLX brakes/shifters make it pretty crowded over there, so I'm mounting it farther inboard than I would like. I tried taking off the indicator window on the slx shifters, but they didn't include the blockoff plate. I'm assuming it's because they're oem shifters. Seems it didn't really made a difference anyway.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I just joined the RF Elite club on Sunday. I haven't had a chance to mess with the suspension yet. The LBS set it up for me at 195. I'm new to FS bikes so still trying to feel my way around. When I get on the trails this weekend, I'll have a much better idea. I'm 6' 0" and 190 lbs and ended up with the 19 inch model.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Some pics. Tried getting the reverb routing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 rumblefish-photo1.jpg  

2013 rumblefish-photo2.jpg  

2013 rumblefish-photo3.jpg  

2013 rumblefish-photo4.jpg  

2013 rumblefish-photo5.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    That is a SWEET looking bike Grundy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks matey. 2nd ride tomorrow at Nant yr Arian. Can't wait

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hmm, just realised some of the images rotated. Why's that?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    nice, thanks for the pics, that RF pro is sweet. I put my reverb on yesterday and with the right hand remote under the bar on the left, the button is a little further to the right that I would like, but it works ok. Your cable routing looks a little cleaner than mine. That cable clamp right above the shock is rough to get to..haha.

I also ran the hose down the left side of the seat tube. The little loop for the cable to go through looks different on mine. I'll go snap some photos of mine for comparison here in a bit.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by grundy1973 View Post
    Some pics. Tried getting the reverb routing
    beautiful! have you gotten a stock weight? what size is that? cant wait to order mine..
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bapski View Post
    beautiful! have you gotten a stock weight? what size is that? cant wait to order mine..
    It's a 21". Haven't managed to weigh it yet but there is a smaller RF PRO weighed in the article in the following link

2013 Trek Bikes – Actual Weights for Road & Mountain Bikes - Bike Rumor
    Last edited by grundy1973; 12-15-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: More info

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    IT'S A BEAUTY!!!

Mo.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast