Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 rumblefish

108K views 557 replies 76 participants last post by  Blind 
#1 ·
I have yet to be able to see one in person and was wondering if anyone has any pictures besides the stock website picture? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#314 ·
How are you getting on with that 70mm stem? only ask because I've noticed on the last few longer rides I've had that I may be over reaching and get a sore back. Thinking of a shorter stem just to bring the bars in a tad, and those Thompsons get good reviews.

Apart from that I LOVE this bike!!

#221 ·
I run a WTB Pure V on my bike as well, and so far have no complaints. I didn't think the Bonty seat was that bad though...

I also use Answer AM720 bars, but mine are the 50mm rise. I would get 25mm bars if I had to do it over, but might get a bit shorter stem than the stock one.

#227 ·
Id say good deal, but not great deal. If you're talking about a base model, then the retail is $2400ish. That would be about the deal I would expect on a current model year bike.

If its what I was looking for id buy it. I wouldn't buy it just because of the deal.

Also if you have the ability to get to a trek demo ride make.sure you do. They'll give you a $100 coupon.

#228 ·
Just reading through this thread and had to comment. ;)

I have a 2011 Rumblefish 1 (comparable to an Elite) with almost 1800 miles on it. I am 5'11" and ride a 19.5" frame. I put a 20t front chainring on, SLX /IceTech brake upgrade (from Elixer 5's), and replaced the worn out tires.

This is undoubtedly one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. I rode my Fuel EX today just for kicks, and it is SLOWwww compared to the fish. The 'fish handles better, is more stable, rolls longer, and is just overall a better bike. If you are on the fence for it, just get it. You wont regret it.

#280 ·
Just reading through this thread and had to comment. ;)

I have a 2011 Rumblefish 1 (comparable to an Elite) with almost 1800 miles on it. I am 5'11" and ride a 19.5" frame. I put a 20t front chainring on, SLX /IceTech brake upgrade (from Elixer 5's), and replaced the worn out tires.

This is undoubtedly one of the best bikes I have ever ridden. I rode my Fuel EX today just for kicks, and it is SLOWwww compared to the fish. The 'fish handles better, is more stable, rolls longer, and is just overall a better bike. If you are on the fence for it, just get it. You wont regret it.
Ditto.

I also have a 2011 Rumblefish with 6700 miles on it. I changed out the brakes to SLX's as well. The Elixer's never performed the way I thought they should, constantly having to be adjusted, unnecessary squeaking, etc. I also replaced the rear derailleur and shifters with an X0 set after wearing out the X7 including a few crashes. I also had my LBS change out all the suspension bushings last month. What a difference. The bike has it's natural flow back. Most recently my front bearing has given out and I'm going to a Stans Flow 29 rim. Will do the same with the rear wheel eventually. Don't like a mismatched wheel set, but economic times prevail. Other than that; several chain, cassette, and tire changes later, I'm still enjoying the bike immensely. I'm envious of all the 2013 buyers!

#229 ·
Ready, did the service on your forks help?
My rf pro feels the same....front fork feels the same on all of the CTD settings. Debating whether to take the bike back to the store to have it looked at or whether the transition between the settings is so small that I can't notice.

#231 ·
I was reading a post about this earlier.

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspe...evolution-series-ctd-damper-issue-806075.html

I don't think the factory series forks are suffering from this as they have the Fit system. That's not to say you aren't having the issues though. Interesting as I also have a 2013 Rf pro. Will have to check mine again. I know that the climb mode on 2013 ctd forks is not anywhere near a lockout.

#232 ·
my rear shock locks out on Climb mode. the increments between CTD are very noticable.
I just pumped my front shock up to 130psi this morning and then let 5psi out (i think i read somewhere the max is 125psi???). It still feels the same in the front...little/no difference between Climb and Descend. The recommended setting for me in the front is 80psi, so i'm a long way from that. I have been running 110psi recently.

#233 ·
Fish 2

Well... about a year ago I bought a 2012 Rumblefish Elite - loved the bike but I went for the 23" and at 6'4" I realised pretty quickly that it was just a little too big for me to really hustle around.

Anyway I sold it back in the Summer and bought a 21" Speccy Carve Pro - which is pretty damm good bike but just a bit too hardtail sometimes....

So I was reading this thread and saw Grundy's '13 RF Pro. and realised that that was what I wanted in 21" ....to cut a long story short my LBS relieved me of a 50% deposit today and estimated delivery end of Feb. :D

I reckon Grundy you should ask Trek for a commission on my purchase - it wasn't the picture on their website that sold it too me, it was yours.

#245 ·
I got the elite and put a reverb post on and a different saddle. Other than that the only other thing I wish I had was a clutch type rear deraileur. I haven't rode much, but I've tossed my chain off about 3 times.

I'm loving the tires, but I've only had junk in the past.

#249 ·
Agree with Grundy, nowhere near enough chances to ride! I don't mind rain, I don't mind the cold but I just can't be doing with gale force winds, and it seems to be that if I'm not at work or on "family duties" it's windy as!! Roll on springtime..
Anyway, finally had my reverb seat post arrive so fitting that in next couple of days. Also picked up some new Shimano pedals, and some Bontrager 29-4 tyres. Will post pics when I get a chance.
Must say, I'm so glad I chose this bike. Absolutely love it and it gets better with every ride, so much so that my once beloved 4900 isn't getting a look in at all..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.