Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 550

Thread: 2013 rumblefish

  1. #51
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,768
    Question for the members in here. I notice the RF comes with the 29-3. How is that tire? I asked a question in the wheel/tire section with very few reply's. Switching out my tires for a winter set up to race with and fall/winter/spring riding until summer next year.

    I'm about 95% set on the set up in the thread below. Just want to make sure the 29-3 in 2.3 is bigger than the 29-2 in 2.2. Silly question but sometimes tires are weird like that. Any reply's to that thread to let other members as well as myself know about this tire whether it is good input or bad would be helpful.

    Located here:
    New version of Bontrager 29-2 and 29-3

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45
    Any tips with the sizing of this bike,
    Im a tad under 5' 11( not much)long torso, used to riding a 20 inch hardtail 26 inch wheels, 18 felt too bunched up when purchasing this bike.
    Have tried the 17.5 and the 19 in the RF,in the 17.5 felt tight in the cockpit, felt a little cramped , but could handle the bike with ease , felt like I could ride it anywhere over anything , but felt short in the TT.
    The 19 felt more comfortable in relation to length and seated position, but the longer wheelbase was noticeable, didnt have the same ability to turn it sharply or flick it around, felt like I was on a big bike, but comfortable .
    I mostly ride flowy singletrack with a few light rock gardens ,I want an allrounder, I like this bike , not sure which way is the way for me to go with size.
    Any help appreciated.

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post
    Any tips with the sizing of this bike,
    Im a tad under 5' 11( not much)long torso, used to riding a 20 inch hardtail 26 inch wheels, 18 felt too bunched up when purchasing this bike.
    Have tried the 17.5 and the 19 in the RF,in the 17.5 felt tight in the cockpit, felt a little cramped , but could handle the bike with ease , felt like I could ride it anywhere over anything , but felt short in the TT.
    The 19 felt more comfortable in relation to length and seated position, but the longer wheelbase was noticeable, didnt have the same ability to turn it sharply or flick it around, felt like I was on a big bike, but comfortable .
    I mostly ride flowy singletrack with a few light rock gardens ,I want an allrounder, I like this bike , not sure which way is the way for me to go with size.
    Any help appreciated.
    If you've rode both sizes then nobody is more equipped to answer that question than you.

    I'm 5'10 and ordered the 17.5. I'm currently on an 18" 4300. I figured I could always get a longer stem if need be.

    The 17.5 that I demoed felt very comfortable
    Last edited by VFRLuke; 10-24-2012 at 02:31 PM.

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45
    Under the recommendation of the bike shop , I tried the 19 with a small stem and it feels so much sharper , thats what I brought home

  5. #55
    Natty Dread
    Reputation: Flat Pedals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    289
    How long are people waiting for 2013 Rumblefishes? Had a buddy just order one and the shop computer said it would take until early December to get it. Sound right? The shop is located in the SF Bay Area.

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    143
    Yeah same here in UK. Ordering mine next week unless I go for a superfly 100 al pro 2012 on a good deal. I want the fish though as its probably a better all rounder.

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: verdugomountainlocal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Pedals View Post
    How long are people waiting for 2013 Rumblefishes? Had a buddy just order one and the shop computer said it would take until early December to get it. Sound right? The shop is located in the SF Bay Area.
    I've got 2013 Trek Rumblefish elites in stock.

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    161
    I was told mid December...ordered my RF elite a few weeks ago. Only place within 100 miles that had any in stock didn't have a 17.5

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MarvinK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    78
    Yea, and it looks like some sizes will soon sell out until Feb.

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    143
    Ordered my Rumblefish today. December can't come soon enough. Managed to get 2 specialized hotwalk balance bikes thrown in for free which sweetened the deal. My twin boys will be happy in December too 25th though for them!

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    161
    I'm starting to get impatient

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    143
    I know how ya feel. But good things come for those who wait. Apparently. Is it December yet!

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    841
    Been riding one for a week other then having I9's it is stock,coming off 26ers it is a bit odd for me,really dig it in the rock gardens and starting to get the feel for climbing and spin,29-4 tires are so-so here on east coast.the shock took some time to set up but now doing what it is supposed to do.did some high tech log bridges on it and was so stable and forgiving,not twitchy like on a 26.

  14. #64
    passed out in your garden
    Reputation: cmg71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by VFRLuke View Post
    I'm starting to get impatient
    and so you should, the Fish is a kick arse bike
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    103
    Ive been looking for a full suspension ride for a bit now. Currently on a Hardrock 29 disc (my first real bike).

    I rode the std RF in the lots near my LBS. I liked it quite a bit. Im about 90% certain Ill be ordering a RF Elite very soon.

    Im on the bubble between a 19&21 frame so ive gotta sort that one out. Unfortunately the shop is like 99% Specialized so selection is limited.
    Last edited by Q-TECH; 11-08-2012 at 03:08 PM.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    103
    I ordered the RF Elite today. Also took the base model out to the trails for like 3 hours. I absolutely loved it. I dont have a single complaint. It does everything well.

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-TECH View Post
    I ordered the RF Elite today. Also took the base model out to the trails for like 3 hours. I absolutely loved it. I dont have a single complaint. It does everything well.
    what size did you get? hopefully you don't have to wait long.

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by VFRLuke View Post
    what size did you get? hopefully you don't have to wait long.
    Actually final size selection was the reason I took it out today. Im kinda on the bubble 19-21. My 19" Hardrock is a bit tight for me.

    Anyway the 19" RF is pretty much perfect for me. LBS said they expect to get it late December. (Best case)

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    103
    Well damn. I made the mistake of looking into the 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29. Same $ and looks good other than the brakes. Ugh! What to do.

    Gonna ride one tomorrow.

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    143
    I almost bought a SJ. But I'm patiently waiting for fish pro and can't wait

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-TECH View Post
    Well damn. I made the mistake of looking into the 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29. Same $ and looks good other than the brakes. Ugh! What to do.

    Gonna ride one tomorrow.
    I kind of wish that specialized would have been at the demo event that I went to so I could have rode a stumpy. I was also interested in the trance x 29er, but after riding it back to back with the fish...I had to go that route.

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    103
    Rode the SJ around down town today. Felt light and quick. However I wasn't crazy about the gearing on it. Also shifting was noticeably sluggish compared to the Fish, especially on the front. Beautiful bike though.

    I really need to take it to the trails I guess.

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mikeyonthemadone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    339
    I just finished building 2 RF pros and they are EXTREMELY well thought out and ride like a dream. If I wasn't a new Salsa dealer, this would be the bike I would be on for 2013.

    Mikey

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    143
    That makes me more excited to get mine thanks Mikey

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    103
    Ive ruled out the SJ and sticking with the Fish. Should come in around Christmas. Probably gonna take till the 1st to pay it out though.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •