Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 rumblefish

108K views 557 replies 76 participants last post by  Blind 
#1 ·
I have yet to be able to see one in person and was wondering if anyone has any pictures besides the stock website picture? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 ·
Here's a photo of the new 2013 Rumblefish Pro

Got it on demo for the day here in the Uk from my local bike shop they had only built it up the day before i picked it up :D

It's my first time on a 29er and first impression is :thumbsup: wow great ride

nice peace of kit and the new Fox Climb-Trail-Descent shocks work really well

Attachments

#22 ·
Here's a photo of the new 2013 Rumblefish Pro

Got it on demo for the day here in the Uk from my local bike shop they had only built it up the day before i picked it up :D

It's my first time on a 29er and first impression is :thumbsup: wow great ride

nice peace of kit and the new Fox Climb-Trail-Descent shocks work really well
Hey Madmick

Which LBS was that? - I'd like to see one in the flesh.

#5 ·
Sadly not got anymore photo's of the bike since i only had it for the day but got his one which is part of my local 2 miles single track descent with added rocksteps and drop off's

Taken on the Cutgate Path at Langsett in the Peak District here in the UK

The bike is tempting me to sell my other two bikes, 2012 Lappirre Zesty 214 and a OnOne Carbon 456 and get this Rumblefish Pro

Attachments

#7 ·
Well, shifting might be a bit better. Suspension performance should be equal
In terms of functionality, the only thing you really gain by choosing the 2013 Pro over the Elite is the dropper post, which is a must have on this sort of bike imho.

All other parts are really just lighter, blingier, and partly more durable.

I'm really happy with my 2012 Pro! To be honest, my bike has
"custom everything", but that doesn't affect the handling and general feel of the bike.

ps: Why not a close out sale model? The 2012 colors are soooooooo much better :)

#8 ·
got to admit just looked at the 2012 models and personnally prefer the colour of the 2013 pro in black and blue. not too keen on the 2013 elite colour with the green stuff on it as for dropper post if went for the cheaper elite the reverb off the Zesty i'd sell will fit.

but i'd feel i wished i'd gone for the pro version if i'd got the elite after a while

might have to see what the Trance 29er is like

#11 ·
Ordered the 2013 Rumblefish Elite on Saturday. Pro just isn't worth the price. I ordered tubeless tires & rim strips. I may end up putting a dropper post, remote lockout and if anything else... maybe lighter wheels. Pretty disgusted a $3000 bike doesn't come with tubeless-capable tires.

#14 ·
I thought about it, but I think I'd be better off spending the money on wheels. There's just not enough upgrades to justify $1200... I can spend that money better and have a better paint job in the process! ;)

I wonder who at Fox decided a remote lockout lever should be larger than a shift or brake lever!!?!

#16 ·
i have to admit it's the first bike i've not had any form of back pain due to the reach etc with out having to adjust/change anything.

Think i'd rather spend the extra money for the Pro as i just dont like the Elite paint job.

But before i decide to sell my Lapierre Zesty 214 whcih is only 6 month old for a 29er i would like to try out the Giant Trance 29er and hopefully the biek shop i got the rumblefish on demo will do the trance as a demo. then got the big choice to make

#18 ·
Yeah, lose the stock tires. I've got a 2012 Fish elite and going from the Bontrager 29-4 which I ran tubeless with no issues to Schwalbe Hans Dampf tubeless made a world of difference. Better grip, better ride. Only other changes were a shorter stem, saddle, and seatpost. Great bike!

#27 · (Edited)
I just went through extensively testing every 29er I could get my hands on.

XC Race: Trek Superfly 100, Specialized Epic, Niner Jet
XC: Kona Hei Hei, Khs Bajada
XC/ Trail: Trek Rumblefish, Specialized Camber
Trail/ All Mountain: Specialized Stumpjumper

And as of now I will be getting a Trek Rumblefish pro.
I ride what I call aggressive cross country, single track some jumps I come from bmx and do not sit down much. The Trek Rumblefish and Specialized Camber were my top choices. They both road very similarly, and have similar geometry the chainstay is 2mm diff, and bottom bracket height is 3mm diff, and there head angles at 69.8 for the RF and 70 for the camber. The ride is slack enough to not be twitchy but still steep enough to be responsive and agile. The Specialized Camber has a longer reach by about .5 inch which is a plus for me, allowing for a size smaller giving more clearance. The suspension is what tilts it to the Rumblefish, the extra travel is appreciated and access to better component levels at a reasonable price on a aluminum frame seals the deal. The pro comes with full XT and better shocks than the elite which has a SLX/XT mix. If I get a chance I would like to try the Salsa Horsethief and Tomac Diplomat.

The Specialized Stumpjumper has slacker angles with a head angle at 69 and also has more travel. The Scott Genius and lenzsport Mammoth looks similar, but I have not tried them. To get a higher level component package with the Stumpjumper requires going carbon. :(

The XC Race bikes had head angles around 71 which seemed a bit quick for my liking. For the XC bikes, the Kona was less twitchy with a 70 degree head angle and has a new stiffer rear end for with a shorter chainstay for 2013, and the khs was not a race bike.

Looking over warranty information where the XC/ Trail and Trail/ All Mountain bikes are classification 4 the XC Race and XC bikes are rated as classification 3 which stipulate the bike rarely leaving the ground. :\ Class 5 is north shore/big air and class 4 is some jumps, so, when they rate a bike class 3 and talk about not jumping and staying on the ground I think that's what they mean. I could not find Niner's listing or warranty information

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.