Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: 2013 rumblefish

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp98 View Post
    Did you ever figure out the source of the creaking noises? I'm also getting a lot of creaking/cracking/poping kind of noises that sound like it is coming from the cranks/BB. 2 trips back to the LBS where I bought it and the noise is still there.
    I would suggest another bike shop / mechanic look at it.

creaks can come from anywhere, I had a fun one to track down that ended up being a bit of grit stuck in the headset at the top of the fork on my Bullit after a good bail, practically took apart and cleaned/lubed/rebuilt every other part of the bike until I figured it out.
    2013 Trek/Gary Fisher Rumblefish Elite XXL/23"
    120mm 29er

2004 Santa Cruz Bullitt XL White
    170mm 26er

kabouterclan member
    Jun 2006
    Hi there,

if the noise is coming from the front ad your Fork is a Fox...

https://www.google.nl/search?q=fox+c...Hq7Q7AbMkoHQDA

Mine started as well :-)
    Sent from my HAL 9000

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Re: 2013 rumblefish

I believe my creaking to be coming from the seatpost and seat. I have taken it all apart and put a thin film of grease on it and it shut up for a few rides then started again. Need to try again. I have a reverb post, but I think it is down in the frame where the noise is coming from.

I also suspected the maxle at one time.

Im not going to take it in because I dont want to be without the bike for long and have them do 5 minutes worth of work and tell me everything is fine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by VFRLuke View Post
    I believe my creaking to be coming from the seatpost and seat. I have taken it all apart and put a thin film of grease on it and it shut up for a few rides then started again. Need to try again. I have a reverb post, but I think it is down in the frame where the noise is coming from.

I also suspected the maxle at one time.

Im not going to take it in because I dont want to be without the bike for long and have them do 5 minutes worth of work and tell me everything is fine.

what kind of grease did you use.. i have the same minor issue... bigger issue was the REVERB POST not holding pressure. had to send it back to LBS 10 days ago and have not heard from them yet...
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

The reverb itself has been great. I just used the tub of belray motorcycle grease that ive had for 15 years. Im guessing I missed a little bit of dirt. Im still not sure if its the clamp/seat rail, or where the post goes into the frame

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I rode the Fuel 29er out of curiosity today at a trek demo day ,

It was nice , if I didnt have the Rumblefish I would be very interested, has a slightly different feel , bit more racy,

but for me , the improvements were not enough to rush out , sell the RF and get the Fuel .

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Got the first mods on my new RF -

Gravity dropper knock-off dropper seatpost (tmars)
    XT shadow plus RD
    XT shifters
    SLX m660-10 crankset
    Ergon knock-off lock-on grips

Looks like I need to take the cable off the dropper post in order to route it to the trek cable clamps above the shock, the dropper came in the mail this morning so I quickly slapped it on before riding in to work
    120mm 29er

170mm 26er

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    question for the RUMBLEFISH PRO owners.. did you get the BLEED KIT for your REVERB SEATPOST when you got your bike?

my REVERB post was replaced under warranty, and saw the replacement in a box and came in with a bleed kit... i asked the LBS if i could have the BLEED KIT just in case i need to bleed the post in the future which seems like a likely occurrence and they have said they can't give me the BLEED KIT because it did not come with the bike when i purchased it..

really does not make sense to me, but before i send an email out, just wanted to make sure if its a CASE-TO-CASE basis or the BLEED KIT should have been sent out with the bike..

thanks.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    No Reverb bleed kit came with my Pro (UK Supplied). Bit tight of your LBS not just let you have it though...
    2013 Trek Rumblefish Pro
    2013 Specialized Carve Pro
    1991 Muddy Fox Courier

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulX View Post
    No Reverb bleed kit came with my Pro (UK Supplied). Bit tight of your LBS not just let you have it though...
    yup $34 tight..

but from the LBS standpoint id understand it too... i may just go gung-ho everytime i have/feel that there is something wrong with the seatpost and just BLEED away...since i have a BLEED kit..

but still...$34?
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post
    Curious to know if any rumblefish riders have changed their wheelsets ?

And were the changes in riding noticeable for the better ?

Have been contemplating an upgrade, but then wonder if its a waste of money .

Cheers
    Yes! I built some wheels with Stan's Crest hoops, American Classic hubs and DT SuperComp spokes.

The wheels, combined with new Schwalbe Nobby Nic tires changed the bikes personality enormously. It still rips downhills but now accelorations and climbing are both very noticeably easier.

The stock wheels (on my 2012 elite) were solid, but they're the BEST part to upgrade in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Might be picking up base model Rumblefish this weekend. My brother has the 19" Elite. We're about the same height (5'11"ish) but I have slightly longer legs (he has longer torso). What size do you guys ride and how tall are you?

My other option is 2013 Fuel EX 7 (26er).

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by elkootcho View Post
    Might be picking up base model Rumblefish this weekend. My brother has the 19" Elite. We're about the same height (5'11"ish) but I have slightly longer legs (he has longer torso). What size do you guys ride and how tall are you?

I'm 6'1" with a long upper torso so a 21 is perfect for me.

I just bought my son 5'11" a base model 2013 (they're on clearance sale right now!) and I got him a 21 too, just because it's design provides loads of standover and he's still growing like a weed.

That said, I think you'll be fine on a 19 or a 21

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thanks for the response ecobykr...I just sent you a pm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Joining the rumblefish club... just got home with a 2013 Rumblefish marked down to $1600. Couldn't resist.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post
    Curious to know if any rumblefish riders have changed their wheelsets ?

And were the changes in riding noticeable for the better ?

Have been contemplating an upgrade, but then wonder if its a waste of money .

Cheers
    I put some Mavic Crossmax SLR wheels on my Elite. Huge improvement in handling. Much crisper and predictable in turns. Saves just over 1 pound or nearly 2 pound if tubeless.

I'm 6' with longer legs and riding the 19.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I bought the 19 but after a 3 hour ride I am pretty certain that I need a shorter stem. Everything else feel good. However, the stem doesn't have the length and rise stamped on it. Does anyone here know the stock stem length/rise on the base model Rumblefish 19"?
    Last edited by elkootcho; 10-27-2013 at 03:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Not sure on length as I have a 21 but rise is 7 degree

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Should be 80mm.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I bought the 19 but after a 3 hour ride I am pretty certain that I need a shorter stem. Everything else feel good. However, the stem doesn't have the length and rise stamped on it. Does anyone here know the stock stem length/rise on the base model Rumblefish 19"?
    Here in Australia , the 17 came with 90mm the 19 with 100mm , Im 5 11 brought the 19 but swapped over for the shorter stem .

Am thinking of going shorter again , 80mm

passed out in your garden
    My 21" came with 100mm, swapped it for 60mm, love it!!!!!
    Everyone tells me the bike is not setup properly, but l love like that.
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

passed out in your garden
    Oops,, lm 6"2' btw
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    qtech and grundy got it right: the 19" stock stem is 80mm, 7 deg. Confirmed by cust. serv. at Trek.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I measured the stem on my 23" before swapping, it was 90mm center to center, swapped for a raceface 60mm and pretty happy with it, might swap to some carbon bars with some rise that are wider next, not sure.
    120mm 29er

170mm 26er

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ive got a Thomson 70 mm stem and a carbon 730mm low rise bar on the way , I wanted a wider bar , but am rolling the dice a bit on the new length of stem , wanting to sharpen up the steering , bit nervous it may feel a bit cramped though.

Am currently running 90mm stem and 690 bar that came with the bike.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast