Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 rumblefish

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    i see that there has been a number of upgrades done to your Rumblefish. most notably mentioned is the wheelset upgrade. has anyone ventured into using I-SPEC adapters specially for the RF PRO owners? if you have would you be so kind enough to post a picture along with the REVERB remote? also how was the install? did you have to mess with the cables?

seems like im reaching quite a bit for my REVERB remote and im thinking using the I-SPEC adapter will bring the REVERB remote closer.. plus a cleaner cockpit look..

thanks. .
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bapski View Post
    i see that there has been a number of upgrades done to your Rumblefish. most notably mentioned is the wheelset upgrade. has anyone ventured into using I-SPEC adapters specially for the RF PRO owners? if you have would you be so kind enough to post a picture along with the REVERB remote? also how was the install? did you have to mess with the cables?

seems like im reaching quite a bit for my REVERB remote and im thinking using the I-SPEC adapter will bring the REVERB remote closer.. plus a cleaner cockpit look..

thanks. .
    Mines gonna be i-specced Tuesday Bapski. A mate of mine had it do e and it looks really good. Ill post a pick when it's done

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by grundy1973 View Post
    Mines gonna be i-specced Tuesday Bapski. A mate of mine had it do e and it looks really good. Ill post a pick when it's done
    thanks. could not wait and went ahead and ordered my i-spec and is expected on Tuesday as well. Hopefully you have your pictures available by then.

thank you again.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    2013 rumblefish-image.jpgI specced!

2013 rumblefish-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Cool-blue Rhythm I was working from home yesterday ....

Honest .... well maybe i did sneak out for a while, but did take my iPad and sat at the top of the hill answering emails.

2013 rumblefish-rumble-cheshire.jpg
    2013 Trek Rumblefish Pro
    2013 Specialized Carve Pro
    1991 Muddy Fox Courier

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by grundy1973 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	791509I specced!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	791508
    nice pics and thanks. i unexpectedly got my I-SPECs Saturday, so got my RF I-SPECed Sunday... setup looks similar to yours but i have the brakes/shifter flushed to the end of the bar grips.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

My 2013 Elite

2013 rumblefish-image.jpg

Here's my Rumblefish Elite. I've been riding it sense December and I just love it. The only mods for now are Oury green locking grips and setting it up 1 x 10 with MRP chain guide. One if the best mods was setting up the tires tubeless.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    has anyone here USED or IS CONSIDERING (like me) using a CTD REMOTE for both front and rear? from what i've read and understand, the factory shocks are not REMOTE compatible and may need to be MODIFIED?
    I will find out from a contact at Fox and post what I learn. I ride with a lever on another bike and use it as much as the dropper post (all the time.) There do seem to be some subtle differences between the OEM Trek and aftermarket CTD forks/shocks.
    2 wheels == True

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ebnelson View Post
    I will find out from a contact at Fox and post what I learn. I ride with a lever on another bike and use it as much as the dropper post (all the time.) There do seem to be some subtle differences between the OEM Trek and aftermarket CTD forks/shocks.

looking forward to your post. thanks man.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    don't hold me to it, but I read somewhere before that you can't convert the rear shock to accept the remote cable if it wasn't made for it originaly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'll ask again, but I thought I was told that the aftermarket CTD stuff could be converted to a remote lever. The "conversion" may be the entire damper assembly though. The non remote has a fine tune compression dial where the remote lever version does not.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    So far, I've heard shock not compatible with remote lever but fork may be. If fork appears possible will be converting to remote this week or early next.
    2 wheels == True

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    So far, I've heard shock not compatible with remote lever but fork may be. If fork appears possible will be converting to remote this week or early next.
    please post how much it would cost. thanks.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    please post how much it would cost. thanks.
    It does look like the fork can be converted, but rear shock can not. I'll try to get the part numbers to convert the fork to CTD lever. One thing to note is that the Scott lever works with Fox CTD forks and is a smaller more elegant design.
    2 wheels == True

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I ride a 19inch RF, curious to know what length stems guys are running

When i brought it I was tossing up between the 17.5 and the 19inch , im a bit between sizes,the 19 came with a 110mm stem, the 17.5 came with a 90mm,

I rode both bikes and then swapped stems , I liked the feel of the 19 inch with the 90mm stem and thats what Ive been riding since november ,no real problems with it but curious to try a shorter one again ,

Would love to hear what length stems other guys are using , particularly on the 19 inch bike. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post

When i brought it I was tossing up between the 17.5 and the 19inch , im a bit between sizes,the 19 came with a 110mm stem, the 17.5 came with a 90mm,

I rode both bikes and then swapped stems , I liked the feel of the 19 inch with the 90mm stem and thats what Ive been riding since november ,no real problems with it but curious to try a shorter one again ,

Would love to hear what length stems other guys are using , particularly on the 19 inch bike. Thanks
    i ride a 19 as well. im still using the stock stem and im very comfortable with it. i haven't tried nor am planning to switch it out either.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Anybody have pinch flat issues on their 2013 Rumblefish Pro?

Less than 5 miles on my new Pro and I've had 3 pinch flats due to the rim strip slipping, 2 flats on the rear and 1 front. After the first flat (about 3 blocks) on the rear my LBS replace the rim strip and tube but on Saturday both tires went flat on me about 2 miles from my house.

So yesterday my LBS convert my wheels to tubeless at no charge.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vettemechmike View Post
    Anybody have pinch flat issues on their 2013 Rumblefish Pro?

Less than 5 miles on my new Pro and I've had 3 pinch flats due to the rim strip slipping, 2 flats on the rear and 1 front. After the first flat (about 3 blocks) on the rear my LBS replace the rim strip and tube but on Saturday both tires went flat on me about 2 miles from my house.

So yesterday my LBS convert my wheels to tubeless at no charge.
    have had no problems. wanted to clarify though, are you using the same rim strips your wheels came in with or did you have to order a different pair?
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Not me mines set up tubeless though aswell

mtbr member
    have had no problems. wanted to clarify though, are you using the same rim strips your wheels came in with or did you have to order a different pair?
    Factory rim strips, the ones that came with the wheels.

They replaced the rear rim strip with Velox rim tape after my first flat. The Velox rim tape did the same thing as the factory rim strip.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

They replaced the rear rim strip with Velox rim tape after my first flat. The Velox rim tape did the same thing as the factory rim strip.
    i think that may be the problem.. i used BONTRAGER RIM STRIP with PART # 406892 which is what you need to set-up your wheels tubeless..

link to a post i made earlier : 2013 rumblefish
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO

mtbr member
    i think that may be the problem.. i used BONTRAGER RIM STRIP with PART # 406892 which is what you need to set-up your wheels tubeless..

link to a post i made earlier : 2013 rumblefish
    All of my flat tires were with the factory tube set up. To resolve my issue the dealer covered my tubeless conversion using the correct Bontrager rim strips.

Went for a 15 mile ride yesterday and so far so good with the tubeless setup.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post

I'm riding the 21" RFPro and at 6'4" it fits about right, but I've just swapped the 90mm for a 70mm and its made the bike really lively. The steering feels much quicker and it generally seems more chuckable around the tighter stuff.
    2013 Trek Rumblefish Pro
    2013 Specialized Carve Pro
    1991 Muddy Fox Courier

I hate that name.

I have seen this before with Duster rims, both my own and customer's. The best solution I've come up with (if you want to stick with tubes) is Velox, but you have to install it offset in the rim so that it is centered over the spoke holes. The problem is that the rims are wide and the holes are very offset. A normal rimstrip can shift a bit and expose the outside edge of the outer most holes. Of course, the best option is to just set them up tubeless, since the Bonty system is damn near bullet proof.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Re: 2013 rumblefish

Quote Originally Posted by blunderbuss View Post
    I have seen this before with Duster rims, both my own and customer's. The best solution I've come up with (if you want to stick with tubes) is Velox, but you have to install it offset in the rim so that it is centered over the spoke holes. The problem is that the rims are wide and the holes are very offset. A normal rimstrip can shift a bit and expose the outside edge of the outer most holes. Of course, the best option is to just set them up tubeless, since the Bonty system is damn near bullet proof.
    I'm planning on doing this.to my dusters when I need tires. Which tubeless tires.work well with the bonty setup besides bonty tires? I've read that some tire brands tend to have problems mounting on some wheel/strip combos.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast