Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 rumblefish

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Anybody tried schwalbe hans dampf's on a rumblefish. I'm thinking about switching out to some because the bonty's aren't great in the wet conditions of Wales

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    got my front forks back. i can now see a small difference in the CTD settings, but like others have said, there is no real lock out. Haven't tested on any demanding rides yet so time will tell.

They also replaced my front wheel to a rhythm pro instead of the rhythm elite that comes standard because of the weak weld that clicks every rotation. I now have mismatched wheels which sh*ts me. Anyone have any thoughts on the pro's? good upgrade? if so, i'm going to grill them to give me the rear as well. Otherwise i'll ask for my elite back and put up with the clicking.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hi grundy. I cant comment on the hans dampfs, but I have just put some bontrager 29-4s on my elite. Had a quick blast round my wet and very muddy local woods yesterday and so far I've been very impressed. They grip well & don't get too clogged.
    Oh, and the reverb is awesome! :-)

mtbr member
    I just picked up my 2013 Rumblefish Pro this past Saturday. I can't wait to ride it, but unfortunatly I'm in Minnesota so it will be a few months before that happens.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    You'll love the pro mate. Cracking bike

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Tk80 View Post
    got my front forks back. i can now see a small difference in the CTD settings, but like others have said, there is no real lock out. Haven't tested on any demanding rides yet so time will tell.
    This confuses me. There is a huge difference when i change settings. Climb, while not a full lock out, is so damned close it might as well be. Trail is a solid single track hauling ass setting. Descend on front and rear is a very noticeably plusher ride.

I didnt expect the 3 settings to be as different as they are. I just wish there was a remote that activated front and rear with a thumb click.

Trips for Kids Denver
    I found an amazing deal on a "take off" 2013 Fox CTD 34mm chassis Talus 110-140mm fork and just added a dropper post. It has a 2.4 Purgatory front tire and 2.2 Captain rear tire (tubeless of course), ergon grips and a flat carbon bar really smoothed the hand vibes. I blew the seals on the original fork in 4 months. It seems like the tubes were binding from flex. I was getting black sticky goo on the stanctions. Thing just EATS trails now. Might try a slightly shorter stem and would love a Type-2 read derailleur along with some all mountain carbon hoops.

" I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Re: 2013 rumblefish

Quote Originally Posted by twowheelfunman View Post
    I found an amazing deal on a "take off" 2013 Fox CTD 34mm chassis Talus 110-140mm fork and just added a dropper post. It has a 2.4 Purgatory front tire and 2.2 Captain rear tire (tubeless of course), ergon grips and a flat carbon bar really smoothed the hand vibes. I blew the seals on the original fork in 4 months. It seems like the tubes were binding from flex. I was getting black sticky goo on the stanctions. Thing just EATS trails now. Might try a slightly shorter stem and would love a Type-2 read derailleur along with some all mountain carbon hoops.

How did.the 140mm fork affect the handling of the bike?

Trips for Kids Denver
    Glad I got the Talus to lower the front end for climbing. It's very stable on the downhills when opened up to 140. I noticed the slacker head angle and stiffer front end. I clocked in at 32.1mph on loose, rocky singletrack the other day.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Just Curious does anyone here know what size bottom bracket the rumblefish has Trek just tells me its press fit. Just need to know if its BB86 or BB90 wanting to swap out the Scram Crank to a XT crank.

Trips for Kids Denver
    It's BB90

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hi guys, anybody thought of switching to a double chainset? The reason I ask is because I never find my self using the big ring. Thinking about a 38 24 setup.
    /discuss

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Finally got Trek tech guy to respond about the bottom bracket in the 2013 rumblefish, he gave me both Shimano part # SM-BB91-41A and Trek part number# 419087.

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by grundy1973 View Post
    I never find my self using the big ring.
    !!!???

These words, i dont even....

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I just ditched my third ring and put a BBG bash in place of it, BTW I am running a 22/32 on my 2010 RF One.
    Here in the Pacific NW around Portland Oregon we have hills like Ape Canyon up to Mount Saint Helens where you will never touch the third ring but I will say if you do you are a Gorilla and props to you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hello fellow riders!

I've been looking at the rumblefish for a while now but Im now sure which size that would fit me the best. Im 1.92 meters tall with a 92 cm inseam, shall I go for size 21 or the 23?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hey

The 23" is massive! - I had a 23" 2012 RF Elite which I sold because it was just a bit to big to ride confidently. I've now got a 21" 2013 RF Pro on order - due in a few weeks!

I'm 6'4" with 35" inseam. Currently I'm riding a 21" Spec Carve pro - the 23" Carve was also too big for me.

Hope that helps ....

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    woohhh! ordered mine today and was told ill get it next Wednesday. yes, 2/27/13 and yes, quite unbelievable specially when i read lot of posts that there has been orders from Oct. 2012 and are yet to be delivered, so im not really giving Wednesday all hope but i just thought a good deal @$4K OUT THE DOOR was i thought i good deal. so excited...

Never thought id look forward to having the week start early.
    Last edited by bapski; 02-24-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    2014 TREK FARLEY
    2013 TREK RUMBLEFISH PRO
    2012 TREK SUPERFLY AL ELITE

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I'm 6 ft 3 and ride a 21" rumblefish pro 2013. Fits like a glove. Perfect and love it

Trips for Kids Denver
    Quote Originally Posted by grundy1973 View Post
    Hi guys, anybody thought of switching to a double chainset? The reason I ask is because I never find my self using the big ring. Thinking about a 38 24 setup.
    /discuss
    I can't stand chain slap and am not buying a clutch r.der until my current one breaks so I'm still using the big ring as a getto chain tensioner for the downhills.

Looking forward to getting a new r.der and a double ring crank so I stop hitting the big ring on rock drop off's (the slow crawl types).
    " I'm not inclined to resign to maturity "

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Anyone have a weight on the RF Elite in stock form? I rode the Pro at a trek demo but that is out of my price range. I am concidering the SF 100 AL elite or the RF Elite. I am now on a 2011 Fuel EX 8. One of the Trek demo guys says the RF only weighs about a pound more than the comperable SF 100. Anyone concider the Superfly 100 AL Elite before buying the RF? I would really like to see the Race Face crank that is on the 2013 Stache 8 on a RF Elite. That green would be great. After the demo I was really impressed with the shimano plus derailers also. Just have some concerns the RF may be too much bike for my area. BTW I was really impressed with the 29-3 tires.
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by stygz1 View Post
    Anyone have a weight on the RF Elite in stock form? I rode the Pro at a trek demo but that is out of my price range. I am concidering the SF 100 AL elite or the RF Elite. I am now on a 2011 Fuel EX 8. One of the Trek demo guys says the RF only weighs about a pound more than the comperable SF 100. Anyone concider the Superfly 100 AL Elite before buying the RF? I would really like to see the Race Face crank that is on the 2013 Stache 8 on a RF Elite. That green would be great. After the demo I was really impressed with the shimano plus derailers also. Just have some concerns the RF may be too much bike for my area. BTW I was really impressed with the 29-3 tires.
    I rode the base superfly100 and I think it felt considerably lighter than the fish, but I liked the geometry of the fish better. I have the elite in a 17.5 and while I haven't weighed it...I would guess 29-30 lbs. I put a reverb on mine that adds weight too.

If you rode the pro and liked it, then you'll like the elite as well. I couldn't justify the difference in price...but after riding the pro, I did have to get the reverb post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I had the LBS weigh my RF Elite when I bought it - 31.10 lbs w/o pedals.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

I have the 19 and it weighs 30.5# with pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by Deko View Post
    I had the LBS weigh my RF Elite when I bought it - 31.10 lbs w/o pedals.
    WTF?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-TECH View Post
    I have the 19 and it weighs 30.5# with pedals.

WTF?
    There are conciderable differences in scales. For comparison it is best to weigh the difference in bikes using the same scale. But I take what I can get for info. I know my EX8 stock with pedals came in at 28.5. I did seem to notice a conciderable feeling of less weight on the SF100. Probably not much on the scale but more of a feeling of more agility. The guy at the bike expo that works for the Trek demo team has a RF that weighs 23lbs.
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast