mtbr member
    Apr 2008

2013 Remedy 8 - ok for occasional bike parks?

Hello,

Yes, I know there are a million posts already out there. I am looking between a 2013 Remedy 8 and a Giant Reign 2, but want to know peoples opinion if they have actually ridden a Remedy 8 and what their thoughts are. I am not a DH guy but want an AM bike that can still XC but occasionally take a trip to a DH/bike park. Not looking to do crazy gaps or huge drops, but want to see what people think about a Remedy can handle realistically. In reviews etc... the Reign seems to be a bit more geared towards DH and maybe a bit more burly bike. PS - I'm also looking at Norco Sight and Rocky Mtn Altitude 730.

Any thoughts welcomed got to make a decision here. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I have a 2012 Remedy 8. It's a great bike. It climbs pretty good with the Pro Pedal turned on, but it really shines on the downhills. I came off a 29er hardtail so there's a big difference there, but the Remedy is so fast and stable going downhill. It seems to handle jumps pretty well and I have yet to bottom out the suspension. I love this bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    i Love my Remedy and it is a monster on the DH it is so quick and light and nimble but also climbs like a dream!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Re: 2013 Remedy 8 - ok for occasional bike parks?

I've got a few days at winter park on my 2011 remedy 9.9, love it, on blue and plenty of black runs. Somewhat depends on your size, at 165lbs I find the fork more than adequate. Bigger down hillers might scoff at the 32mm sanctions, meh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I have a 2013 Remedy 8 that I use as an AM bike, while it wouldn't be the first choice to take to a park I'm sure it would hold it's own fairly well. On the flip side of that I've taken it down some trails that are a lot steeper than 90% of the trails at Mammoth and it's handled them very well. I'd say that a dropper post is a must unless you really like stopping to change your seat position a lot!