• 08-18-2014
    CharlieDog
    Yep I've read on a few places that the hardware got changed for 2013 but I haven't seen anything official. I can get my hands a very lightly used 2013 for $500 so i might just do it. Going to be a backup/winter bike and for the price i haven't found anything better. If anyone else has experience with the 2013 let me know. Thanks for the info cjsb.
  • 08-18-2014
    cjsb
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
    Yep I've read on a few places that the hardware got changed for 2013 but I haven't seen anything official. I can get my hands a very lightly used 2013 for $500 so i might just do it. Going to be a backup/winter bike and for the price i haven't found anything better. If anyone else has experience with the 2013 let me know. Thanks for the info cjsb.

That is agreT price for a complete bike, have to hold your breath on whether it has the issues. Getting a complete bike that cheap would probably be worth spending a little to get the wheel to stay in place.
  • 10-13-2014
    SHowley2003
    Did you pick up the 2013? If so, how has it held up?
  • 10-13-2014
    cjsb
    Great to see this thread keep going. As I posted on the previous page I finally sold mine this summer. I bought a new full suspension bike last month and Trek wasn't on the list of bikes to consider and won't be any time soon. It is possible a different LBS could make Trek work for me again, but the place I bought my Rig from was not helpful at all. They didn't know of a problem and when I aksed about buying the new hardware they blew me off.

There are plenty of options besides Trek.