mtbr member

2012 Trek Elite 9.8 Bottom bracket, compatbile with Raceface atlas cranks?

Hi all

Tried running a search for some info but didn't come up with anything, so if anyone can help that'd be awesome!

After 3 years out of the MTB'ing game, Ive got my eye on a 2012 Trek Elite 9.8 frame to build up as a commuting rig (with the weekend off road bash thrown in to)

The frame was built as a demo, and comes with the headset and BB installed. Now since i last rode, there is now about 4.5 billion new standards that I'm trying to get my head around, and in this case it concerns the BB.

The frame uses a press fit BB with a width of 90mm correct? And from what i understand it accepts a shimano axle, namely a 24mm spindle. I have my set of blue race face atlas cranks which i want to use with the frame, and was wondering if anyone would know if the race face system will work? I understand that shimano and race face crank systems are compatible with external BB's, but just want to check that it will work with the press fit BB on the elite frame? Would it simple install like normal then use the spacers to adjust chain line as required?

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    That sounds about right.