Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I hate that name.

2012 Superfly 100 AL Pro

Weighed straight out of the box, minus reflectors and spoke protector. Bars still need to be cut, probably an inch each side. I will be changing the cassette to XT (comes with SLX, only non-XT part on the bike) and adding XT pedals. Maybe change grips to a set of trusty old Rogues. Should still be under 28 when done. Will be tubeless also, not sure yet on tires. I'm pleased with the weight, not bad for an AL FS 29er with Fox suspension, thru axles front and rear, and a non weight weenie part spec.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

No longer 26
    Nice bike! I got the 2011. 2012 is even better looking!

Have changed a couple of parts and have it under 27 with pedals but it was stuff I had except for the RXL Carbon rail saddle i put on it.

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Nice Colors! Black Blue is awesome!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yup, it's a sick bike. I got mine a few weeks ago to replace a Yeti Big Top that I cracked. The Superfly100 does everything so well I might not even build up the replacement Big Top.

mtbr member
    Looking good!!

Mikey
    (Superfly100Elite.)

mtbr member
    Sweet Bike I just ordered 2 of them 1 for me and 1 for the wife....

Did lots of research before the purchase.... the 2012 Trek entry level Carbon was a consideration until I compared it the others...2011 SF100, and the 2012 AL SF

Last years GF SF100 has better components then this yrs entry level carbon ans was more money than the AL Pro so we went with the AL Pro's with the better rear shock, 15mm front axle, all XT component, and better wheels than the entry level carbon 2012s... and stronger than the carbon..

Seems Trek put less components on nthe 2012 and basically hoping to get the purchase for the frame...

FS Carbon 29er seems a bit over the top...

The AL Elite weighed in at 29lbs and as my shop did not have the AL Pro so I was hoping it would weigh close to 27lbs with the XT stuff

Thanks for the post...hopefully they get here before Friday...

Scotty J

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks Guys, gonna order mine this week!

mtbr member
    Man it is a sweet ride especially for me coming from a HT background my whole life and last MTB a 2006 Trek 6500 ...

You will love it....

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Cool-blue Rhythm

Scott sounds good, I got two Fishers now; 09 rig ss, & 11 rig w/ 1x9 conversion. Had 06 HiFi Pro, 26er, which I sold . How do you like this bike for xc racing, endurance racing, trail BOSS?????

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You'll love it.
    I regularly switch between my SS (hardtail) and the Superflys' suspension is soooo nice

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by possumrider View Post
    Scott sounds good, I got two Fishers now; 09 rig ss, & 11 rig w/ 1x9 conversion. Had 06 HiFi Pro, 26er, which I sold . How do you like this bike for xc racing, endurance racing, trail BOSS?????
    Not sure I ahve never raced in endurance races but my plan is to try the ChainBuster Series here in Georgia and already registered for ORAMM..

I will say after riding a 26HT for close to 25 years and never having a FS bike..I love the plush ride especially on the descents...

Also plan to do the Cohutta 100...not sure if I will make the 100 mile option but we shall see.. I will post up as I get more seat time...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I just ordered this bike this afternoon.

I'm currently riding either a single speed 29er or a Full Suspension 26er depending on what I'm in the mood for. I feel like this bike will give me the best of both worlds. Can't wait!
    Lance Bowers

2012 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro
    2004 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR
    1999 GT BMX Cruiser

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick37075 View Post
    I just ordered this bike this afternoon.

I'm currently riding either a single speed 29er or a Full Suspension 26er depending on what I'm in the mood for. I feel like this bike will give me the best of both worlds. Can't wait!
    You'll love it! It is a very effective XC machine. I got mine in November and have put about 300 miles on. Every ride I push it harder and harder. The weather has been awesome in Philadelphia. Pay attention to all the pivot bolts. Throw a wrench every few rides to make sure they are snug. Every now and then I find one or two wandering...Might be time to put some fresh loc-tite on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I've noticed the rear shock pivot bolt comes loose after 5-6 miles of trail.
    That's sorta frustrating. If I over tighten the bolt it holds a little longer, but
    it seems like the rear suspension is tight. Seems like a bad design, but
    what do I know? I Love the bike other than that, but that is worrisome.
    Lance Bowers

1999 GT BMX Cruiser

Ride More, Whine Less
    You might wrap a little Teflon tape on the threads then torque the bolt. This will work like loctite but you don't have to worry that you put the wrong loctite number on the bolt.

I hate that name.
    I haven't had that issue on the SF100, but it was a problem for a while on one of my Rumblefishes. I just put a wrench to it everytime I was getting ready to ride until it stopped being loose.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Chain Stay Crack

I found a crack on the drive side chain stay of my XL AL Pro. It's where the stay meets the weld at the bridge. No pics, the crack looks like a scratch. Only noticeable with the rear wheel off when I lightly squeeze the stays together. I dropped the bike off at the shop last Monday and was told that the part I need is out of stock. I got the bike at the end of November and put approximately 700 miles on it. Hopefully this gets resolved soon as I bought the bike for endurance racing and the season is upon us.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFCuddy View Post
    I found a crack on the drive side chain stay of my XL AL Pro. It's where the stay meets the weld at the bridge. No pics, the crack looks like a scratch. Only noticeable with the rear wheel off when I lightly squeeze the stays together. I dropped the bike off at the shop last Monday and was told that the part I need is out of stock. I got the bike at the end of November and put approximately 700 miles on it. Hopefully this gets resolved soon as I bought the bike for endurance racing and the season is upon us.
    Ouch, keep us updated.
    Lance Bowers

1999 GT BMX Cruiser

mtbr member
    OK after 2 endurance races I love this bike!! it handles everything very well and climbs like a goat. I did put some monster truck tires on it which did add weight but it was supposed to be a muddy rainy race that turned out to be dry,,,, I will say the beefier tires make the bike look bad ass

Here is picture....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Superfly 100 AL Pro-tribblemillrace2012.jpg  

mtbr member
    Awesome Jhiz!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Chain Stay Crack

The stays have arrived at the shop. I should be rolling by the weekend. It took about two and a half weeks to get the parts.

I hate that name.
    Good news.

I hate that name.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleymtnbiker1 View Post
    Awesome Jhiz!
    Dude, I'm getting fast again. I'm definitely coming up in May. We're going to be there 3 days, staying in a cabin at Freeman's by Tsali. The plan is Bent Creek, Tsali, Dupont. Call in sick or something and come ride.

mtbr member
    I'm down. Let me know the days. Email me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Chain Stay Crack

Just picked up my Superfly100. Brand new chainstays and bearings! Good as new!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast