mtbr member
    Dec 2004

2006 Klein Attitude vs. Banshee Viento??

I ran this on the what bikes to buy but it got buried in a hurry.

My LBS owner and pretty good riding buddy is selling his 2006 Klein Attitude Frame (in a really awesome custom yellow paint)--I was looking for a hard tail to build up with parts I have from another bike (truvativ team cranks, Juicy Sevens Am Clasic 350 wheels, bunch of X9 stuff, etc). Frame is in great shape--he's mostly a fire road cruiser (actually-he's mostly a roadie) and it's less than a year old. But I'm also looking at picking up a New Banshee Viento-sounds rugged yet a good climber with genral xc traits and the price is right.

Either way, this would be a second bike for fast rides in hilly areas--though rocks and roots here in western, MA are unavoidable on any trail--any thoughts on these bikes-what to expect from a Klein Attitude or Banshee Viento (oh,I'll run either with a reba team 100mm)??

I'm not a hard tail rider so this will be a change either way.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hard to go wrong with a Klein, I'd go with that just because I like Kleins but don't know anything about the other bike. I'm building up a Klein as a second bike too, and ride similar stuff in Maine. It will be a simple rigid fork bike for shorter rides to sharpen my skills rather than just riding over everything with my FS. Sorry that's not much help but at least you got one reply.

mtbr member
    I race a Attitude frame- the bike is wicked fast and light. I ride in the ne so it def takes some adjusting to when I get off my FS. As far as a hardtail goes, I love it.