mtbr member
    Apr 2006

2005 Trek 6700 (non-disc) Deal...

My wife didn't end up liking the Genesis Geometry on the HKEK. The LBS had a 2005 6700 in stock (non-disc) and offered it to me for $700. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on that one. Fits her much better and although it's a lot more bike than I'd planned to buy her, at $700 it's not that much more than the 4500 and is clearly superior.

What do y'all think?

w

Work Hard, Play Harder
    Quote Originally Posted by willx45x
    My wife didn't end up liking the Genesis Geometry on the HKEK. The LBS had a 2005 6700 in stock (non-disc) and offered it to me for $700. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on that one. Fits her much better and although it's a lot more bike than I'd planned to buy her, at $700 it's not that much more than the 4500 and is clearly superior.

What do y'all think?

w
    I say go for it. It's WAY more bike than the 4500. If ya can scrape up 299 more go for the 06 model. For 999 ya cant beat it. Hydraulic discs, great shock, sram x-9......... Ya cant go wrong either way tho with the 05, or the 06. Good luck.
    06 Rocky Mountain ETSX - Full XTR, Fox Shox, Crossmax XL Wheels

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Go for it!....

your getting a good deal, and it is ALWAYS better to get the best bike that you can afford! It saves tons on future upgrades as skills improve. And you can always afford more bike than you planed for when you run into last years model onsale! If the bike fits and the wife likes it go for it. The bike will keep up with her abilities for quite a while. Getting a 6700 for the price of a 4500 (more or less ) is a great deal and a great idea.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"