mtbr member
    Aug 2006

2004 Klein Palomino V Price and Disc Brake Upgrade

I just found a 04' Palomino V in excellent condition for $900. Do you guys think this is a fair price for a stock "V" model?

Also, the first thing I want to do is upgrade to disc brakes. Is the disc brake mount still readily available?

I have been searching for a small, disc model Palomino for months with no luck. I need to decide whether to keep looking or just buy this v-brake model and do the disc upgrade.

Thanks for your input!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Anyone???...........

Update:

Well I bought the bike. Talked the guy down to $750 WITH an extra set of wheels! I think I got a scream'in deal.

The only thing that worries me now is that I've called 5 local Klein shops and everyone said they would have to do some research on the "disc brake mount" and get back to me. Does anyone know where I can get this part? Do I actually need this part for all applications/brands of disc brakes?

Took the bike out for a nice ride yesterday with a few tools in my pocket to tweak a few things and I really like the ride so far. Coming from a Bontrager Race HT and my 20lb Klein Pinnacle, this is going to take some getting used to!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Any Trek dealer should have the disc brake adapter. I think they are quite pricey - at about $25 retail. They should be able to order it for you too.

GL,
    -don