mtbr member
    May 2010

2001 Trek 6000 for $300? Perfect condition - pictures included

Accidentally posted this in the "All Mountain" forum instead of here so forgive the double post. I've been lurking here for a while reading reviews on bikes i come across on craigslist. Anyway, there is a guy who wants $300 for a 2001 Trek 6000. He claims it's only been ridden a few times. I read up on the bike and it seems like a good bike with an decent, entry level front fork on it. What should I offer him(if anything)?

mtbr member
    First, a little reading reveals that it's actually a 2000: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...6068&Type=bike

Second, original MSRP was only $570. In my opinion, it's not worth it for a 10 year old bike, even if it hasn't been ridden. You're better off buying a newer bike for the same money. A good hardtail can be had for about $400. You can even get a bike with disc brakes for less than $500.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yeah, that was kind of what i was thinking. Wanted to see what you guys thought about it. Thanks for clarifying the year on it. I'm new with all this and am learning as i go.

I'm still disappointed a 2007 Trek 6500(non disc) for $150 slipped through my fingers a couple of weeks ago. The guy decided on the day i was to pick it up not to sell it and to take it back to New Zealand with him.