Three sheets to the wind

2001 Sugar 2 upgrade

Anyone have any experience with upgrading a 2001 Sugar 2. I love my frame, but I need to replace the fork and probably the wheelset. The biggie is I'd like to go to disc brakes, but I don't know if the retro fit is worth it.

No longer 26

Wink I went down the same path...

I had the first generation of Sugar. Decided to upgrade to discs. Luckily I knew a Fisher Rep at the time and got a pretty good deal on the addition of the disc mount on the rear triangle and a new paint job. I love having discs, even in the dry. Then I wanted to get more travel on front and upgraded to a 100mm RS Duke fork. Liked the fork a lot. Did not like the geometry change going from the 80mm RS Sid to the Duke. Decided to sell the frame, tough decision because I loved the paint job, and bought a Sugar Plus because I knew that I liked the fit of the Sugars. Have ridden the Sugar Plus about the same length of time as the original. I like the additional travel (ride in the 4" mode exclusively). The frame is less flexy although a bit heavier. I have recently been "thinking" of a new bike but then I ride the Sugar Plus and I love the handling etc. I may have the rear Fox shock re-done by Push industries to get a little pedal platform but the Sugar probably does not need it.

Greg
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...