mtbr member

2001 paragon bb question

Any of you kind folks know the size of bb i need for a gf paragon 2001, shell size, thread type and length..Thank you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm pretty sure it's a 73mm BB, standard thread (any shimano or other should work), and I have no idea on the length or spline except that it's probably standard for a MTB triple, but I wouldn't go by what I say, I would email fisher. I've had good luck getting answers within a day from their customer service. I'm assuming you don't want to pull your cranks and BB to find out the info - it will be on the BB shell.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Standard size BB for the 01 Pargon is....

73X113mm with standard cranks. If you are changing cranks then go with what the crank manufacturer recommends. Your best bet is to remove the cranks, then pull the bottom bracket. The BB size should be stamped on the BB body. I know for certain that it is a 73mm shell. You can measure the spindle length with a caliper easily enough to be sure. But for the most part Trek/Fisher use the 113 spindle length on their HT mountain bikes.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info guys, the frame is bare naked with nothing at all, i've had it for years but is have been forever since i even had the bb for the bike so i had no clue as to the spec on this part....Thank for all your help.