mtbr member

2000 miles on my Trek 6000

Howdy folks! been awhile since I had a chance to send out an email....Too much time exploring the wilderness. That's right 2000 miles in the saddle this summer (June - August)on my '07 Trek 6000. Question for everyone....I need to replace a few parts starting with my tires any suggestions? I ride 30 to 40 miles 5 or 6 days a week with 10 miles on the road system and the rest on trails (Typical trail with hills, mud and roots). Any help would be appreciated. See ya' on the trails

Gravity hurts
    I'm in the same boat (Trek 6000, but I don't have 2 grand on it). I've found 1 tire that works awesome on the road and decent on trails, nothing too steep, nothing off camber and I'm not real sure about mud, but I'm guessing no. The Geax Evolution works great. A tire that I absolutely love for the more advanced trail is the Manuto Raptor. It's the best thing I've ever rode. I haven't tried it too much on the road, but it's not showing anywhere yet after about 50 miles. If I had to choose one of these for your case I would go with the Raptor. It's on sale for $20 at www.Performancebike.com .
    Hope that helps,
    Happy trails