mtbr member
    Mar 2011

1999 Trek 7000 - What's it worth?

Well, it's time to upgrade and get rid of my old clunker. I might be trading it in to get a few bucks off a new ride or selling it on CL. I have a 1999 Trek 7000, decent shape, the usual knicks and chips in the paint, some marks from chain suck. It could use a tune up, some new cables, etc.

Any idea about how much I should be able to get for this bike?

Stock components, specs are here:

http://www.bikepedia.com/Quickbike/B...7000&Type=bike

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    Not much. You're talking a 12 year old used aluminum frame. If you are still sporting the stock components most are likely due or overdue for replacement. There are few parts available for the stock fork anymore, and the rear disc mount (if any, I don't remember if the 99 7000 had one or not) is an obsolete design that no one makes a brake to fit anymore. Personally I wouldn't pay much more than $150 for the bike. If you are thinking trade in you'd be lucky to get $75 for it. The biggest thing going against you with the bike is it's age. In many areas of the country a tune up and cables would cost more than the bike is worth.

Your best bet would be to toss it up on ebay and see what happens.

I used to have a 99 7000 in the blue, it was a great bike for it's day, light and fast. Personally, if the bike is in good shape, I'd convert it over to commuter use, or keep it around as a spare.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    In the right bike friendly town, around $125 on clist. If it were fully tuned up with decent tires, maybe $150.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    around 50$