mtbr member

1995 Trek Y22 Value???

I am thinking about selling a medium sized Trek Y22 frame all original (Fox Alps 4 rear shock) and don't really know what the value of the frame is. I see that Y frame completes on eBay are going for around $500.00.

Anyone know roughly what just the frame, URT and rear shock should go for or is worth?

I want to trade or sell it for a hardtail so any help would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We are all in the gutters, some of us just avoid the cars.

I hate to say it, but..... unless you find someone really interested in retro/old school fs bikes (or someone clueless as to fs tech), it's really not of much value ... I mean, c'mon - it's an over 12 year old design - that's a LONG time, in terms of sus tech. Sorry.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Turn it into a guitar. ; )

mtbr member
    Yeah that's kind of what I figured. I wasn't sure if they had hit "vintage collectable" considering how much they are going for on eBay...seems a little ridiculous. They have always been sweet looking, and aside from the bob, the noise they make with the large OCLV frame shell, the longevity of carbon fiber etc, etc they seem to still be more popular than say any other Trek of the same year.

He be a moose too.
    I would be surprised if you would you got $500 for the frame as complete bikes are going for less than that. There isn't a lot of talk about y22's on the vintage groups. They come up, but not often.

If you want to make more money, sell the bike behind the y22.

'Guin

mtbr member
    I was actually saying that the completes were going for around 500. There is actually a '97 on there right now selling for upwards of 700 after shipping which is just ridiculous.

As far as the Klein in the background. I bought that awhile back for my girlfriend and have been reconverting it back to a XC bike from the downhiller that the original owner was trying to make it..Yup downhill, complete with a Zocchi DJ2, Azonic DH handlebars, shinburger pedals, etc...the works. Got rid of the red Wildgripper Hot S tires, changed the entire cockpit, still wondering what to do with the DJ2 but its almost back to proper form. Its too bad its a size Small, otherwise I would have kept it for myself.