Oct 2010

140mm on a Fuel EX 29" :confused:

good day to all,

is there anybody tried put a 140mm to a Fuel EX 29er:

Pros and Cons?

Im ridin a Fuel EX 7...

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Why would you like to put a 140mm fork? Do you bottom out the 120mm often? Don't get me wrong, just asking.

My opinion is that you can do it. The pros is that you will be more confident on the downhill and the cons that you will make uphill a little more difficult. Also you will void the warranty bunt as long as you keep the stock fork if anything happens just put it back.

Usually when making fork changes it is important to take into account the crown to axle length and try to be as close as possible with the new fork. For example I have a 2013 Fuel EX 7 and even though theoretically has 130mm fork the a2c length is equal to the 140mm one which means that I could put a 140mm without affecting the geometry.

In your case you will for sure change the geometry and will slacken the head angle but if this is what you want I suppose that it is OK. Please note that your bicycle has a G2 geometry which means that the fork offset is different than the aftermarket ones so you should take this also into consideration.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    thanks Paris, im planning to change it to a fox talas 34 140-110mm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paris Galanis View Post
    Why would you like to put a 140mm fork? Do you bottom out the 120mm often? Don't get me wrong, just asking.

My opinion is that you can do it. The pros is that you will be more confident on the downhill and the cons that you will make uphill a little more difficult. Also you will void the warranty bunt as long as you keep the stock fork if anything happens just put it back.

Usually when making fork changes it is important to take into account the crown to axle length and try to be as close as possible with the new fork. For example I have a 2013 Fuel EX 7 and even though theoretically has 130mm fork the a2c length is equal to the 140mm one which means that I could put a 140mm without affecting the geometry.

In your case you will for sure change the geometry and will slacken the head angle but if this is what you want I suppose that it is OK. Please note that your bicycle has a G2 geometry which means that the fork offset is different than the aftermarket ones so you should take this also into consideration.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    A Talas would be a good choice and I have been reading that the 2014 models are really improved.