mtbr member
    Apr 2007

New question here. 130mm fork on 06 Fuel?

Just wondering if I can put a 130mm travel fork on my 06 EX 7. (Has 100mm now). I see the 07's have them, but can I put one on my 06' without messing up the steering geometry? I'm also wondering what they did to get 120mm of travel out of the back on the new ones vs 100mm on the old ones. Did they just use different rocker arms? A longer shock?

I have thought of just trading my bike, but I really like the one I have, and would use the Reba fork off of mine as an upgrade for the wifes bike. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mtbr member
    take the spacers out of the Reba to get 115mm of travel and a better feel on the downhills. I have a 07 TALAS on my 05 ex 7 and I love it. I usually keep it in the 120mm setting but the 140mm really boosts confidence on the steep and sketchy stuff. The steering is not too slow in either setting. If you break your frame with a non-spec'd fork, slap the reba back on before you wheel it into the shop. The 07 fuels have a whole different rear triangle with an added pivot and longer rocker arm.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the info. I may just pull the spacers on my fork for now. The Talas was the fork I was thinking of adding to mine as well. Thanks again, Jesse.