The Other Dude

09 Top Fuel Release Date?

Anyone know when the 09 Top Fuels are going to be released? I think this is going to be my XC bike this season, i am a big specialized guy, but fell in love with the new Remedy, and i think i like the Top Fuel over the Epic this year. I am looking at either the 9.8 or getting a frameset and building it up if they offer a frame. Anyone know if they are going to offer a frame only, and if so, the release date on the frame and the completes?
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The rumor from the rep was late December or January at the earliest. (That is if they are on schedule, but don't count on it being any sooner.)

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    My dealer says his projected date to receive a Top Fuel 9.8 is November. The 9.9 is projected to be January. He says those are projected dates only, however, and the bikes could be shipped sooner or later. I'm getting the 9.9, but he is going to let me know when they notify him the 9.8s are ready to ship in case I change my mind and want to go with the 9.8 and get it earlier.

I also talked with a Trek Regional Race Team racer recently who said the 9.9s are going to be coming out later because of the carbon wheels.

I've been told the shipping dates on the carbon bikes are primarily related to when they make the carbon frames. They've got lots of carbon bikes to make, limited production resources, and they pick an order for their "frame runs" so that a bunch of the same frame are made, those bikes can be built up and shipped, and then they move on to the next type of carbon frame. That is one reason there are no definite ship dates.

Members who have read this thread: 0