Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 08 trek fuel EX

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

08 trek fuel EX

the 2008 trek fuel Ex bike are on treks website.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Link to 08 Fuel EX Website

mtbr member
    and it also rides perfect on the trail......big improve compared to the 2007 model

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Does anyone know the weight of the new Fuel EX line up in particular the 2008 EX 8 or 9? Have they shaved some weight off of the 2008 models compared to the 2007 models?

mtbr member
    The changes will be a big plus if it stays in one piece. Looks interesting, hopefully we'll here some real evals soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clemson
    and it also rides perfect on the trail......big improve compared to the 2007 model
    It rides perfect? Have you ridden one?

mtbr member
    Just don't know about that colour on the EX-8 (satin khakis green?). Will be interesting to see it for real. I think I heard someone post that there won't be colour option available.

At least they look better than the Stumpies... those look like they should be under a clown.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    we weighed a medium (i think) EX8 at my lbs and it came in at 28.88 it had a water bottle cage on it and an empty bottle

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    going for this one

any prices yet?

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamer19
    Just don't know about that colour on the EX-8 (satin khaki green/white?). Will be interesting to see it for real. I think I heard someone post that there won't be colour option available.
    That doesn't sound good does it? Looks crummy on the website . I saw the brochure @ the dealer & the pic looked the same as what was printed in MBA. Maybe I'll see about getting the frame & swing arm repainted this winter.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    hate the paint designs..... Every frame should come in flat black

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

The EX8 also comes in black/red

I work at a local bike shop here in Birmingham and we had a EX8 in a black/red combo that looks a lot like the EX9.5. I did one big double take when I saw it, as I thought it was the 9.5. I looked on Trek's dealer website while I was working and Trek lists the EX8 as coming in that khaki/white color along with the black. Only the black ones are in stock in the country so far, though. I will say that the bike looks pretty good overall - it even has the new XT shadow rd on it.

I was looking for any news on next year's top fuels as well and nothing is on the dealer website yet. I am currently riding a top fuel 8 and I really hope they come out with a TF9 for next year. I would like to see the component setup of the EX9 available on one of the aluminum framed top fuels. The TF 9.8 is just too big of a price jump for my budget.

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by adamb
    I work at a local bike shop here in Birmingham and we had a EX8 in a black/red combo that looks a lot like the EX9.5. I did one big double take when I saw it, as I thought it was the 9.5. I looked on Trek's dealer website while I was working and Trek lists the EX8 as coming in that khaki/white color along with the black. Only the black ones are in stock in the country so far, though.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed. Mine was to be shipped last Wednesday,
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    I'm considering this EX9:

This will be the last season on my 01 Ellsworth Truth and I need a replacement. All my components are XTR M900 so everything needs to go and getting another Ellsworth is going to be a real financial burden. I've had decent luck with Trek and I know I an get this bike under retail. What is with the colors though? Not a fan of White and there doesn't seem to be any other choice?? The bike looks good though. I noticed the 17.5 has a 23.3 inch top tube which is perfect for me. Anyone know what the stem length is?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Did you tested the EX8?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    Did you tested the EX8?
    No I haven't why? It's been a while since I've owned a Trek Mountain Bike.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    I'm glad Trek is finally stepping it up in the mountain bike line. I have been selling Treks for 4 years and was never a huge fan of the Fuels, but the 08s are really impressing me. They look great.

Any given singletrack!
    Does anyone understand that "virtual frame size" thing in brochure? Frame marked as 18,5" "virtual" has "actual" size 17,5". WTF are they complicating things? What number of these two is real life seat tube (center-top) lenght???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_dragon
    Does anyone understand that "virtual frame size" thing in brochure? Frame marked as 18,5" "virtual" has "actual" size 17,5". WTF are they complicating things? What number of these two is real life seat tube (center-top) lenght???
    According to the diagram on there the actual is the true center to top length. I'm a bit confused too since I'm comfortable with the 23.3 TT but I'm going to have a huge amount of seat post hanging out if that's the case. I'll have to really see what's up in person. I guess I could go 18.5 and put on a short stem eh?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    well they did admit that they neglected the MTB market since the winning Lance era

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

2008 Fuel EX color

Whats wrong with you people? Who cares if the bike is white, black, red....are you out there to ride or make a fashion statement??? IM just excited trek has a solid trail bike coming out. It can be purple for all i care- i cant wait to ride one!!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by PhosphoLipids
    Whats wrong with you people? Who cares if the bike is white, black, red....are you out there to ride or make a fashion statement??? IM just excited trek has a solid trail bike coming out. It can be purple for all i care- i cant wait to ride one!!!!
    would you buy one if it only came in hot pink? Colour choice is important to people. If it wasn't they would offer everything in a uniform colours.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Geometry- As found on Treks Website

This should clear up the whole virtual sizing thing- found this on Treks site-

http://trekmountain.typepad.com/king...uel-ex-ge.html

mtbr member
    Ive riden the new Fuel EX 8 and alos the new Fuel EX 9.5 here at the Demo Day in Switzerland

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clemson
    Ive riden the new Fuel EX 8 and alos the new Fuel EX 9.5 here at the Demo Day in Switzerland
    That's nice, how about some details?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast