mtbr member
    Jul 2007

06 Klein Attitude XX: Opinions Appreciated

Hey guys/gals,

New to the forum but not to ridin. I am looking for a new rig to replace my 03 Stumpy and have narrowed it down to the following:

First option is to purchase a 06 Attitude XX frame: brand new never built etc... the only problem is I don't really care for the Sizzlin Red Linear Paint job. I have read prev. posts about getting a repaint done and I know that they vary. I can send it back to Trek to get a repaint and here is where I need some help:

Color Scheme: Trek not a Klein Repaint but it is what it is and I am ok with that. I need help with the paint scheme:

Black, Silver, White, Red or Blue are the color options with the same for the deboss:

I was thinking of going with an all silver frame with white deboss or black deboss - but undecided.

Second option is to hold out for the new 08 GT Zaskar re issue T6 Alcoa Aluminum frame - but who knows how much longer we'll be able to get Kleins in the USA - 07 they weren't even released and Trek seems to be phasing em out. This may be my last chance.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Michael

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

I'd Hold Out For The GT

Attitude frames are cheap but you're probably going to pay almost double the price of the frame to get it factory re-painted.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Frame = $499
    Repaint through Trek shipping included = $400

$899 out the door - thats a cost of a new Klein Frame when offered in 06 msrp anyways + they didn't offer bikes in the USA for 07 - who knows what Trek is going to do in 08. Gary just needs to buy Klein back before Trek continues to ruin one of the best there ever was. I get a rare color scheme

I know there are other Manufactures out there that offer frames for purchase give or take a couple hundred USD but in my mind I have always wanted a Klein - any other paint scheme opinions???

Thanks

Mantis, Paramount, Campy

$499?

If you need another one let me know.

My local shop has a bunch of late model Attitudes for $250

If you shop around you can get a pretty nice paint job (of your own design) for under $200.
    It'll void the warranty but so what. Riding some bikes on trails voids the warranty too

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

$250 aint bad

Shayne - could you PM me the name of that shop? I might have to give em a call and see what they have. Have a great one

Mike